Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Fun Game From Amy Lu

Here are the instructions:
1) Grab the book closest to you.
2) Open to page 123; go down to the fourth sentence.
3) Post the text of the following three sentences.
4) Name the author and book title.
5) Tag three people to do the same (or Just have anyone who wants to do it)

Deisel plunked Russell and Ernie down and selected a second slice of pizza. "Looks like I'm going to be here for awhile," he said to Russell and Ernie. "Might as well make it worthwhile. Do you guys play poker? Have you got any money?"

~Janet Evanovich Plum Lovin': A Stephanie Plum Between-the-Numbers Novel

After I did this I realized that the closest book to me was actually Dave's bible. It probably speaks ill of me that I saw this first. Anyways, hilarious book for girls and I recommend reading them all, but starting with the first one One for the Money.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

"Were I laid on Greenland's coast, And in my arms embraced my lass/ Warm amidst eternal frost, Too soon the half year's night would pass./Were I sold on Indian soil, Soon as the burning day was closed, I could mock the sultry toil/When on my charmers breast resposed."

Sorry -- I'm doing the footnotes for my dissertation and _The Beggar's Opera_ happened to be on top of the stack. (What does that say about ME?)

Sarah said...

The sketch, however, is perfection. A gathered, pale pink silk chiffon, very dainty in design and with a tiny black ribbon gathering the three-inch strap of chiffon over the heart. Perfect contrast.

-She's All That by Kristin Billerbeck (Spa Girls Collection)

Ok, that part sounded kinda stupid, but the book itself is good. And I cheated a little. Had I done this from work, it would've been Webster's Geographical Dictionary or the 2005 Capital Guide...absolutely no fun. So I waited until I got home.