Friday, January 26, 2007

Horray For Cheryl (and seriously, this is my last post today)!

A big horray and thanks to one Cheryl McFaddin for the most helpful idea ever. I was reading her post today about Caleb's eating habits and she mentioned distracting him from the food by singing. Your Unsinkable not being one to normally break out in song had not tried this before.

So, today at lunch, I sang to Little David while he ate Squash. And WOW! Not only did he eat double what he normally eats, he laughed the whole time and made it so much more fun for me. He is a big fan of songs from The Sound of Music, and old jazz songs. He is NOT a fan of nursery rhymes, Swing Low Sweet Chariot, or The Erie Canal.

Either way, The Unsinkable is one cheerful mama!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Yea! I'm glad that I could pass on some tricks of the trade. :) I had never even thought about singing Sound of Music songs! That opens a whole new world of songs for mealtime!