Thursday, January 18, 2007

Strong.

Oh Reader Friends, Today is a Red Letter Day.

David slept through the night!!!!

I can't tell you how good I feel and how rested. He's been waking up at least 3 times a night still, wanting to eat, wanting to be changed, or just wanting to be held. His doctor said that he is capable of sleeping through the night by now, he's just a little stubborn.

So, in an effort to prolong the sleeping, I fed him a giant dinner of sweet potatoes and corn with a dessert of apples and blueberries last night. He ate half of a size two jar of each (a ton of food for him) and then followed it by a nice warm bath, a nice warm bottle, and a nice warm crib at 7pm. He fought sleep but succommbed to my motherly insistance by 9. I immediately fell asleep on the couch by Dave and woke up enough to shuffle into bed fully clothed at 10. I was a wee bit tired.

I woke up around 4 am to small crying. I shuffled over to the hall where the kids rooms are, only to be suprised at Little David being totally asleep and Tot standing at her door.

She needed juice. And a Nuk (her pacifer). And a hug.

I also ascertained in my majorly still asleep state that she needed a diaper change. So, I got her some water, got the Nuk, changed her diaper, snuggled her a bit and put her back in bed.

I got back to my room where I passed out still in my clothes (to be frank, it's not like I was in jeans and a button down, I was in track pants and a sweat shirt :) ) until 6:30 am.

HORRAY!

I checked Little David, still sleeping soundly, and got the Tot and I some breakfast and we sat and watched cartoons together until he woke up around 7:30. AWESOME.

Now, if I can only make this a pattern, I will be one well rested Mama.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

YEA!! Hooray for David!! And for Kristen!!!