Wednesday, January 31, 2007

We're Running!!


Hola Reader Friends! You'll never guess what you Unsinkable is doing with her husband, Super Dave, this April.

Running a 5K!!!

That's right, I thought it was time that I got up and did something positive and this is it. I chose this particular activity because my grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer about two years ago. This past fall she was given a clean bill of health after a long, long, battle with chemo and radiation. I am so proud of her for fighting so hard and I wanted to do something to help other women that aren't fortunate enough to have the resources that she did.

So David and I have each pledged to raise $100 for the race. It isn't much, but it will fund many mammograms for women without insurance.

Here's the plug, if any of you would like to help us out just visit our race page. Any small amount helps, and if you can't - don't worry, The Unsinkable is just as happy with prayers or even other runners to join her! Look for a race in your area, they are everywhere!

I'll be sure to keep you updated with our progress from couch potatoes to runners (HAHA) - wish us luck!!

1 comment:

Lu said...

In response from my blog....You are not a stranger! We've hung out together in the student center for Pete's sake! I'll put your name in for VIP.