Monday, February 19, 2007

ACK! I DID IT!!!!

You guys, last night I ran A WHOLE MILE WITHOUT STOPPING (or really even slowing)!!! This may not seem like a big deal to athletes/former athletes, but to some one who's biggest highschool activity was marching band, this is HUGE. I have always hated to run, always, I avoided it at every turn and in doing so, I've only run a mile once in my life before this. It was ten years ago. So you will all understand me when I say that last night when I completed my run around our mile long park path that I jumped up and cried "I DID IT! I DID IT!! I DID IT!!!".

Luckily, I was the only one around (it was dark, about 45 degrees, and crazy windy coming off the lake).

So, I feel really great about this and like I'm going to actually be able to do this 5k without walking, which is the goal. I'm going to keep running each night (oddly enough, it's rather addicting) and try for a mile each time, and in about a week I'm going to start tacking on more.

You can now all comment here and tell me how beastly, strong, champly and generally Unsinkable I really am!

And humble, too.

3 comments:

Lu said...

You are a beast! That is awesome! I'm just hoping to walk a mile without grabbing for the inhaler! Who knew marching band kept us gals in shape!

Sarah said...

Kristen, you are a strong unsinkable BEAST! Good goin'.

Tiffany said...

Strong! (And getting stronger!)