Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I'm A Beast! I'm A Beast!

Day One:

Today was my first day of training for the 5k, and can I tell you all that I am not in near as bad shape as I assumed I was? This was my work out:

5 min brisk walk
2 min jog/2 min walk for 20 minutes
5 min walk cool down
10 min stretching


The reason I count this work out as so beastly is the fact that I HATE to run or jog. I mean, I absolutely hate it. However, I was pleasantly suprised to find out that when I'm jogging for a goal, I don't mind it. I just kept picturing myself running in that race and feeling so good about accomplishing such a great goal.

That and I was watching FOX news reporting on the "Diaper Driving Astronaut". That's enough to keep anyone preoccupied :)

Anyways, I feel absolutely wonderful and it was a fantastic way to cap off my first Tot-less day.


I'm A Beast!!!!

No comments: