Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Taylor's First Day of "School"

(sniff) Hola, Reader (sniff) Friends. Today is a red letter day. My dear little Taylor-Tot went to "school" for the very first time. Technically, I guess it's just day care at this point, but they are going to be teaching her things, so I'm calling it school.

Anyways, today was her first day. She's only going one day a week for now, and then this fall she'll be moving to our church's preschool for two days a week. You know, I assumed that there would be some initial hesitancy on her part, after all, she's never been away like this when she wasn't with family. But NO. In fact, she was so excited to be there this morning that she didn't even say good bye. The little toot.

So here I sit, with Little David taking his first nap, at a total loss as to what I'm going to do with a whole day a week with no Tot to watch. There is so much to do that I know I'll keep busy, but it's a bit of a shock to think of having a whole day to get things done with only Little David to cart around.

I think this I'll be tackling the general state of "ugh" in my home - the laundry, the dishes, the massive piles of random things that I just haven't put away. This afternoon I believe I will run some errands - post office, library, visit my great grandmother. Then at 6:00 pm (I know!) David will meet me at home (he's working late tonight) and we will pick up our sweet little Tot together. She won't usually stay that late, but David really wanted to be there to pick her up the first time since he didn't get to send her off today (I called an audible and changed her start date from tomorrow to today).

So wish me luck, reader friends, as I get things done and miss my small fry.

3 comments:

LBC said...

What a big girl she is! I love her crown. Did she take it with her? You'll have to let me know how the first day went - for both of you!

Tiffany said...

I love the picture of Tot toddling off to the front doors. It's adorable -- she looks so independent! (That's something Mom probably hates to see/hear. Sorry.)

Queengrile said...

I am alittle weepy! She looks so little next to those big doors.
I doesn't seem possible that she can be old enough to look so independent. You were just like that too!

I love that little tot!
Nana