Tuesday, March 27, 2007

2007: Year of 100 Books

That's rather ambitious Unsinkable, wouldn't you say? Well, you would if you didn't know me but at all. I read like nobody's business. I read fast and I read a lot and unless you physically push me, I have no idea what's going on anywhere around me while I'm doing it. It irritates Dave to no end and I've tried to be better at this.

So, I'm giving myself another challenge, because abstaining from Dr Pepper and lying wasn't enough (which by the way, is going well). I'm going to read 100 books this year. The catch is that I can't KameKaze read, I have to do it slowly and I can't skip out on my duties to finish books. I plan to keep one in the car, one by my bed and one in the bathroom (don't lie, you do it, too). That should make this easier and less annoying for my sweet man.

Having said that, I'm qualifying this Year Of A Hundred Books a little more.
They have to be books that:

a) I haven't read before - no cheating by rereading all the Harry Potter books
b) Are actual adult books - no Mr. Man or Little Miss books.
c) Half of which are non-fiction (eek, that's a little scary) and productive
d) I read all the way through, no skimming or skipping to the end.

Ack! Am I a little nuts? Perhaps, but am I also committed to personal growth and general beastly-ness? Of course. I am Unsinkable, you know.

2 comments:

Kyla said...

Oh yay, I want to do this with you!! I just started Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen. I have decided that I need to broaden my reading horizons so for every fun silly (ie Shopoholic chick lit type book or Mystery Murder novels) that I read I have to read one Non Fiction and one classic novel. So I am reading Northanger Abbey and Having a Mary heart in a Martha world.

aubree said...

Here's a non-fiction you might be interested in, I just started it: It is called Girl Slueth: Nancy Drew and the Women Who Created Her by Melanie Rehak.