Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Could This Day GET Any Better??

I told you all awhile ago that our family got pictures taken for a reason I couldn't yet say. Well, I can say it now:

As of today, The Unsinkable is a published author!!! Horray!!

Today in the mail, came my very own copies of Dallas Child and Fort Worth Child (Basically the same magazine, with location changes), with my THREE PAGE article (okay, three column article) right in there next to the giant picture of our family!!!! Can I tell you how geeked I am?

Now, in the interest of full disclosure, this is a small local magazine, that's free and they didn't pay me. However, I am IN there!! And that is a jumping point. Also, they asked me in there what my dream goal was and I said to run a marathon (which is sortof true) because I thought it would look insanely geeky to say "Um, I am Living it man! I'm published not on the internet!"

Anyways, Horray for Fort Worth Child and Horray for me!!


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can we get a copy of your amazing works? Is there a way...I would pay the postage if you wanted to mail some this way! We could pass them around church and you would feel like a celebrity! By the way, Emma Meyer wrote a book...since you are such a reader...I can get you one if you want it. She is working on the sequel now. It is called the Fiery Dark Secret. Pretty good and it didn't take even me long to read!

Robin (Qualls) Abels

Neina said...

Awesome about the article! I can't wait to go find a copy.

The Queen said...

You are truly UNSINKABLE!
I have always thought you were a great writer and now you know it wasn't because I was your mom. :)
It was the truth!

I have been smiling all night long.

Aubree said...

AWESOME!!! Congratulations! :)

Tiffany said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That is such super news!

I'm even more "geeked" about this than the new Harry Potter cover -- seriously!

Sarah said...

Kristen, that is the coolest EVER! You are truly a beast. I want a copy of the article too, and will pay postage! CONGRATS!

Cash Girlz said...

Congrats on the artical, we are sooo proud of you!!! Aunt Dana& Sierra

Cash Girlz said...

oh, yah we got a blog type in www.cashgirlz.blogspot.com

FaithMom6 said...

Yay Kristen! How exciting!!! Congrats girl!!

LBC said...

HORRAY! I'm so glad that it is "in print official" now and that the masses can know! I better be getting a copy in the mail! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

By the way...if you are able to send any of your articles "up north", Judy says that they better be autographed!

Robin