Thursday, March 08, 2007

What's In A Name?

Well Reader Friends, I think it's time you know the truth. The truth behind the Unsinkable. Where did I get this name? What is the significance? What does it all mean?? I'm here to give you the answers.

Unfortunately, this isn't really that good of a story, but your Unsinkable does love her dramatic introductions.

Anyways, on September 2, 2005, my dear friend The High Cheese posed a fantastic question of the day. It was "If you could have any stage name at all, what would it be?". So, I thought. I thought and I pondered. And then I remembered Molly Brown. She had the best stage name ever. Unsinkable?? How much cooler does it get than that? So I decided that if I could have a stage name, Unsinkable would be it.

Then I thought some more. Why couldn't I have a stage name? Simply because I do nothing on a stage is no reason for me not to use the coolest name ever. So, on September 2nd, I claimed it as my own. And ever since then, I've been The Unsinkable Kristen Chapman. Oddly enough, the name has come to fit me perfectly.

And there you have it. Behind the scenes of the Unsinkable. I stole the name from Molly Brown because it was rad, and I gave it to myself because I, also, am rad.

So, Reader Friends, I now pose the same question to you: If you could have any stage name at all, what would it be? And remember, if you like yours enough, you can use it forever. I've got no room to judge :)

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

So, PiperMatt was right! You really are Molly Brown!

And now for my stage name... Sadly, I actually have thought of this, seeing as how I was a theatre major and all. Unfortunately, I've not really come up with one that works for me, so I think I'm just going to have to go with "Ninja Face." I mean, who is going to mess with someone who's got a name like that?

Scott said...

Rad? Rad? You just used that word twice in one post. One sentence even. And I just used it in my comment. That is why you are truly unsinkable.

PiperMatt said...

I'd love to be able to claim some Rainman-esque knowledge of obscure musical theater, but I must confess... we did The Unsinkable Molly Brown my junior year of high school.

That and I've been to the Hotel Colorado in Glenwood Springs. :)