Monday, March 05, 2007

Why I Love Texas

Well, Reader Friends, it is yet another beautiful spring day here in Texas. I've got green grass, blue skies, butterfly (I've only seen one), 70 degree weather, and lots of purple flowers. Horray for Spring!

Our family has been making it a point to spend as much time outside as possible. So we've invested in lots of bubbles, sidewalk chalk, and we even built a fire pit. Here are pictures of our good times :)



This is Tot drawing with her chalk and simultaneously annoying Bear. He could not understand what she was doing, why she would do it, or why he couldn't eat it. He did make a valient effort to lick the chalk off, but we swatted him enough that he stopped. His efforts made Tot decided that chalk might taste good, and she started to nibble on a stick, but again, we swatted her and she stopped. After the tastings, they played quite well together.


One of Tot's favorite songs to sing is from The Backyardigans called "Surf's Up". So this is her and David (who is trying to surf and smoke a cigar) picnic table surfing while they sing "Surf's Up, Surf's Up, Whoa Daddy....Wipe Out!". The best part is, is that she even wiggles her hips like she's surfing. SO hilarious.




This is Little David's very first sliding experience. Well, actually this is his third. The first two he cried so I didn't think I would post those pictures. They're quite sad :) But reagardless of his skeptical beginnings, he learned to love it and started to laugh a lot and jump around (which makes holding on to him very difficult).

And last, but certainly not least, here is our brand new, home made fire pit! I hope you all enjoy your week and get to spend lots of time outside!


5 comments:

Lu said...

You have inspired me to go buy some sidewalk chalk.

The Queen said...

OHHHHH....kiddo! You have a firepit! I am soo jealous. I want my chair to sit around that pit, but instead of a cigar... could I have a glass of Gnarly Head? I need family,friends, a nice fire, and lots of laughs.
I can't wait to visit. Maybe when Scott and Cheryl come home???

LBC said...

I love that you guys have a firepit! I'm excited to be home in the fall and sit around it! We have talked about making a firepit in our yard here, but it hasn't happened yet. We'll see. And the sidewalk chalk looks like it was so much fun. I see Hi LaLa in one of the pictures! Yea!

Cheryl said...

I'm SO JEALOUS right now. I don't think that spring exists in England. At least it didn't last year. Summer, fall, and winter is all we got. But, sadly, summer does not begin until May or June so until then we get to continue freezing our butts off. Scott asked the other day if I thought it was warm enough to wear Reefs because it's March now. I pointed out that it might be March but we're not in Texas so it's still ike 40 degrees outside. He was a sad boy. All this to say...enjoy the sun for us as well.

the lawyer said...

Well, everybody has to live somewhere, I guess.

You might enjoy the warm temps now, but come July and August, you'll be wishing you lived somewhere else, I'm bettin.

As General Sheridan wrote to a relative back East while he was military governor of Texas after the Civil War: "If I owned Texas and hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in hell." Not sure I agree with Sheridan's sentiments, but after having spent time in Texas in summer, it's hard to imagine hell being much hotter.