Monday, April 23, 2007

Ahhh.....

It seems my tumultuously moody day is over. Seriously, I don't know what got up my behind but I was a major grump most of today. What is so frustrating is that there wasn't a good reason. The kids were behaving well (as well as toddlers behave), the day was a nice temperature, the house was clean, I got a full nights rest and I've even lost a few pounds. That should be the recipe for a GREAT day, right?

Not so.

I was snippy, snarky, and impatient right up until about 2:00pm. And then my day started to slowly turn around.

The kids all went down for naps and I had some peace and quiet. I made a paper chain for the days we have left until Cincos (our vacation), I played around online and read some funny jokes. Then Cheryl called and I got to have a great conversation with her and by the end of it I was out of my funk. Horray for friends calling at the right time :)

So this evening, David is playing softball with the team from church, Little David is asleep, Tot is watching Shrek 2 and most likely falling asleep on the floor.

And I am wrapping up my online stuff, ignoring my house work until tomorrow, and getting ready to finish Disk 2, Season 2 of The Office and eat a nice and tasty Dove Bar.


All in all, it didn't turn out to be that bad of a day.

3 comments:

Scott said...

You watch the Office as well? Excellent program. We will have to include that with our Friends watching once we return!

Anonymous said...

Kristen you are so cute! It was Satan...that is why you had such a bad day! Everything else seemed to be in order for you so he had to attack your attitude! He gets the best of us doesn't he! I am glad that you had victory over your moodiness!
Robin Abels

Unsinkable Kristen said...

It was most likely satan in the form of some really bad PMS :)