Wednesday, April 25, 2007

It's Like My Brain Is Leaking

Sometimes I feel like I have just too much to think about and all I really want to do is curl up on the couch with a brand new book and a fat load of chocolate and forget about everything.

I don't want to think about my marriage, or David's stress, or job opportunities, or cars or broken cars or potential cars, or the kids and what they should/shouldn't be doing, what milestones I should be preparing them for, my relationship with God, trying to be a better person, trying to lose weight, trying to eat healthy, trying to exercise, remembering to weight lift, remembering to drink all my water, trying not to procrastinate, making lists, remembering to save money, to spend it on what I planned, to clean my house, to do the laundry, to deep clean, to follow routines, to declutter, to call my friends, to call my family, to try to help other people make decisions, to make playdates, to get outside, to mow the lawn, to visit my great grandmother, to not bite my nails and to pick out cute clothes to wear and decide what in the world to do with my hair, to write articles, to even decide if that's what I want to do in the first place, to know if I want to do anything at all at any time and any place.

I don't want any of it to go away, I absolutely love my life and everything and person in it. I just need a little bit of time where I don't go crazy thinking about so very many things. Seriously, I just want to go on vacation and not think for a week. About anything. No plans, no goals, no small achievements, no babysteps, no tiny rewards, no lists, no hearing advice on how I can make this better or more managable if I will just remember this or that, no anything.

Just a break.




I will now go lay on my super comfy couch, maybe with a book, maybe with Discs 3 & 4 of The Office, and remember that in just a few weeks, I will get to go on that vacation.

Cincos, Baby, you can't come soon enough.

4 comments:

Kristen Demaree said...

Congrats on getting a vacation...sometimes I wish I didn't have to think about those very same things. They can all be a bit overwhelming at times. But, God is good and it's a good thing we have grace, right?

Sarah said...

Amen, sister. Vacation can't come soon enough.

Kyla said...

So now I am stressed out reading all the things that I should probably also be thinking about! It was good to hear your voice the other day. Sometimes planning for a vacation is the best part....ENJOY!!

April Spicer said...

Dude, my thoughts exactly. Simply couldn't agree more. Why don't our husbands seem to think about half of this stuff???