Saturday, May 26, 2007

Days Never Finished.....

Boy, have I been working. Your Unsinkable has been literally knee deep in laundry today, and she's feeling like it might never be done.

So far today I have:

Swept and mopped the kitchen, swept and mopped the bathroom, gathered all the dirty clothes from the four corners of our house, unpacked us all (finally), put away all the odds and ends all around the house, did the dishes, cloroxed the sink, cloroxed the kitchen counter tops, cleaned Little David's room, cleaned Tot's room, cleaned our room, dusted our room, vacuumed the house, done a load of kids clothes, a load of towels, a load of our clothes, changed the sheets on all our beds, changed the bedding on all our beds, and am currently working on the last 6 loads of laundry (did I mention it's been awhile?).

So what instigated this Twister Cleaning of massive proportions?


David being sick.

I'm sure I've mentioned before that I hate to do laundry. I enjoy doing almost all other housework, but MAN, I hate laundry. So, therefore, I put it off until the very last pair of underwear has been worn. Unfortunately, this drives David insane. He's much more routine oriented than I am. While I tend to do things in giant bursts (cleaning, diets, planning), he just does little things day by day. Honestly, his way is a lot better.

Well, despite David's plodding along like normal, eating pretty healthy, being a little more active, he's been quite sick. We figured it was allergies, because our weather has been insanely weird. So, he's been popping Claritin like it was candy and downing himself with Tylenol PM every night. Doesn't make for a happy Dave.
Anyways, this morning I was online trying to find someways to ease his suffering and I kept reading the same thing. All the Doctors recommended showering before bed each night to remove the pollen & such from your hair and body so it wouldn't transfer to the sheets and you lay in it all night long.

And the light bulb turned on.

I have been procrastinating on doing laundry for so very long, and poor Dave has just been living in a cesspool of pollen! All the clothes he wears outside, the sheets that we lay on each night (to be fair, I do wash those each week), and the kids and the dog tracking in all the pollen all over the house. Poor guy!!

So I resolved no longer to linger in my laundry duties, and I gathered the clothes and began the Great Laundry Day, and scrubbed the house clean, and lysoled all the phones and the doorknobs and the lightswitches.

Now, this may not help at all. He may just be one allergetic man and nothing I do can change that. But at least now I know that I've tried my hardest to help (and it's always easier to keep things clean than to get them that way), and the best part? MAN is my house shiny!!


We'll be relaxin' in style tonight, baby!
****
"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; And the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself up for me"
Galatians 2:20

3 comments:

Mother Lu said...

When shall I expect you at my house??

The Queen: said...

Wow! Dear daughter I think you need to come visit your poor AAACHOO, momma! Yeah, aaaachhhoooo, I think I need to you come visit (cough, cough) me. I could really use (snifffffff) some help de-pollenating my apartment. aaaaaCHHHooooo.

Whew. When can I expect you?

Faith6 said...

You GO girl!!