Would you all like to know more about the the Rock Star awesomeness that is Cinqos, Baby!?
I knew you would!
For our 5th anniversary, David & I decided that we should go on a by ourselves vacation. Thanks to his wonderful parents, who after this week of full time Tot & Bubba wrangling will never want to watch our kids again, we are jet setting off to the lovely city of San Antonio for seven days of doing whatever the stink we want.
I don't think that words are capable of explaining the total and whole body joy that I feel at the prospect of seven nights of uninterrupted sleep and seven days spent with my best pal in the whole world.
And what would an Unsinkable and her man choose to do for seven days in a city that they have both been to at least twice? Only the coolest things EVER!
1. Dublin Doctor Pepper Plant, Shiner Bock Brewery & Blue Bell Ice Cream Factory. Dave & I both love seeing how things are made, and some of our favorite shows are those like Unwrapped where you get to see how a Peep is made. Being so close to so many crazy cool places, how could we resist?? And seriously, free samples, guys. That's all I have to say about that.
2. SeaWorld, of course. We love rollercoasters, and even spent our 3 anniversary at 6 Flags riding all the rides we could, so we knew a trip to SA wouldn't be complete without a little coaster action and a meet and greet with Shamu.
3. Becker Vineyards in the Hill Country. What would an anniversary trip be without a little romance? We'll stroll through the vineyards and the lavender fields (oh yes, they have lavender fields) holding hands, do a little wine tasting, buy some sachets and then order some pizza and dr pepper back at the hotel and watch some TV. Because that's how we roll.
4. The Riverwalk, natch. A) I love typing that word because it sounds bad, but isn't. Anyways, we will definitely spend lots of time on the Riverwalk. We've been saving our pennies and our silver change for about a year in a little bank in our kitchen and we hadn't been able to decide what to spend our growing wealth on. Well, the decision is over. We're going to use it to eat breakfast on the Riverwalk each morning. How cool is that?? In addition to our penny breakfasts, we will take the Riverboat tour, eat at places we've never been before, and buy matching tshirts. We almost decided to buy matching tshirts at everyplace we went to, but thought that was a little excessive, and definitely not cost efficient, but still very funny.
5. Austin! On the way to and from SA we will be stopping in Austin for some good food. On the way there we'll eat at County Line BBQ on the Lake. There is an awesome deck there that overlooks Lake Austin and has tons of chairs and tables to munch on your rock star awesome BBQ. On the way home, we'll be stopping at a Cigar place for David and then we'll stay the night at a B&B right by the University, complete with double decker wrap around porch, basically our dream home.
6. Friends. While in SA, we'll be having dinner with our friends, the Moffetts. At least part of them, Colin will have already left for their new home by the time we get there. Luckily, we'll get to see Laurie & the kids before they all go!
7. And finally, we plan to take insanely funny pictures the whole time. The best part of this trip is spending it with my best friend in the whole world. We've had so much time just planning what we're going to do, I can't imagine how much fun the real thing will be!
"Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, for this is your spiriual service of worship" Romans 12:1