Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Summer Vacation

It always seems unfair to me that kids in school get a three month vacation while I do not. I realize that I got one while I was in school, but I think that I should still get one. Summer Vacation was always so filled with fun and new things. You went places, tried things you didn't have time for normally, and it felt like things just ran a little slower. And so, dearest Readers O' Mine, I've decided that I will indeed have my very own Summer Vacation.

Here are my plans:

~ Go to or Rent a movie once a week. Has to be one I do not own, and one I haven't seen, and I guess I could borrow one, too. Friday Night = Movie Night.

~ Read a book each week. It can be one of those fluffy Love Inspired books for all I care, just something fun to read in my down time.

~ Fix a new meal each week. It can be frozen, as long as it's trying something new :)

~ Continually work on my daily time with God. By the end of my summer vacation I want to notice if I didn't get my time in and I want it to be the critical start of my day. Waking up to do this before the kids get up will definitely be a challenge, but I think I'm up to it.

~ Spend as much time outside as humanly possible.

~ Do 2 big projects. I have chosen to set up a clothes line and to plant a tiny starter vegetable garden. I have a feeling that both of those pursuits will help me spend time outside, as well as brush up on my homekeeping abilities - LOL.

And for the little goals,

I plan on painting my toes a new color each week, trying out new makeup, cleaning out the hall closets, and planting some flowers in my front yard.


Here's to a great summer vacation!

******
"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the live which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself up for me."

Galatians 2:20

2 comments:

Mother Lu said...

You are an inspiration to me dear friend. I think I will need to steal a couple of these. I'm taking the reading idea and the daily devotional thought.

--as for makeup, I highly recommend Physicians formula. A little pricier than CG or maybeline, but well worth it.

Patricia said...

What nice ideas you have. To help find new recipes I suggest trying www.recipezaar.com . You can search for recipes by ingredient, recipe name, ease of prep, and many more ways. You can also read other peoples comments about the recipes after they try them. Have a great summer! Maybe we get to see you in Aug.

Trisha (aka Cheryl's Mom)