Monday, June 18, 2007

Cincos, Baby!: Revisited


Okay, the trip blog.


We had an awesome time!! Dave and I scrapped most of our plans and just hung out the whole week. Seriously, it couldn't have been more fun. We went to a ton of cute little small, rural towns that had antique shops and neat little restaurants. Dave got lots of new cigars, I got lots of clothes from a Gap outlet we went to, and we both got a new camera as ours broke on Wednesday. We went to a vinery (and even cut fresh lavendar from the field!!!), went to a brewery, went to a bottling plant and an ice cream factory. We ate Mexican food, chinese food, and lots of fast food :) Each day we went to whatever town we were going to see, had lunch there, then drove to the hotel, changed into jeans for dinner and then went to see a movie. Could that be any more fun?? We slept in, had no timetable and just relaxed.


And yes, I miss it already.


I started to miss the kids by about Thursday (yeah, it took that long, I was really burned out), and by Friday night I was crazy to see them. They didn't dissapoint, and they ran to us and it was so great to snuggle them again. Since Saturday morning, we've spent most of our time getting everyone back on "normal" mode, evening out sleeping patterns, doing lots of laundry, and getting all our snuggles in.


Today marked the first day "back", and it's been pretty good. Despite only 4 hours sleep (a result of a late afternoon nap yesterday and some excedrin that apparently contained caffeine), I'm doing pretty good and have gotten a lot done. Noahs here today, and we've read books, played with flashcards and even had a little bible story and prayer time. I'm actually up and dressed with my hair done (a miracle!), and my little nose stud is sparkling in the light. It really is quite fancy.


Speaking of which, the story behind it is that there really is no story. I thought it would be fun, so I did it. It hurt like you wouldn't believe (but then, I have almost no pain tolerence), and I almost fainted. It hurt TONS more than my tattoo, and I would have totally backed out at the last minute when I saw the needle if it wouldn't have made me look like a total chicken in front of the tough tattooed piercer. But now that it's done, I'm glad I did it. It's fun, it's a little different and it's definitely me. A little more NormalMe than MommyMe, but that is why I like it. I do so much that is only for MommyMe, that NormalMe needs to get out a little :) Dave loves it, so far Little David is ignoring it, and Tot keeps saying "Mommy, you have someping on you nose....booger."


So, there's the trip. I'll post the pictures as soon as I suck them over from Dave's mac.


Tootles!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Sounds like y'all had a great trip. Our cinqos was limited, do the to the fact we had a 4 month old. And why am I not really shocked that you pierced your nose?

Unsinkable Kristen said...

No one who knew me in college should be.

Katrina said...

I think it's wonderful that you let NormalYou have some time off to play; it sounds like a divinely relaxing trip! I've been thinking about a new piercing, too--my eyebrow--but I've heard it hurts like...well, something that really hurts. Also, the fact that I'm 33 may make the old ladies at church squint at me and the teenage girls roll their eyes, and I'm not sure I can stand up to that kind of social pressure! (I'm thinking here of the middle-aged women who jumped so heartily into the spandex bike shorts and mini-skirt trend in the 80's...I know that's going to be me. I just know it.)

Thanks for de-lurking at my blog. I am loving your writing and am thrilled to have you as a reader!