Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A Food Survey? Mmmm, I Don't Think I've Done That Before

Sarah tagged me, and I know you have all secretly been wondering what I like to eat, so here is a list of my five favorite local restaurants.

The rules are:

1. Name and link to the person who tagged you.
2. Name the state and country where you reside.
3. Name your five favorite local restaurants.
4. Tag others.


Here are my top pics for my area, which I will claim as Fort Worth, Texas since my tiny little town doesn't really have much in the way of local favorites.

1. Joe T Garcias. A mexican place that only serves two dishes: Beef Fajitas and Chicken Fajitas. They are located in downtown Fort Worth, and they started as a Mom & Pop type place with seating for only 16 back in 1935. Today they have seating for over 1000 all in one place. There is a huge indoor area, but the place to be is outside in their incredible huge outdoor eating area. Their are gardens, foutains, pools, and flowers galore. On nice weekend (and weekday) nights, the place is jam packed and the line is probably 50 people long. It's a perfect place to go when you just want to sit back for a leisurely meal with friends that will last hours and many margaritas.

2. Railhead. Suprise, a BBQ place. They have the best chopped beef sandwiches and their fries are some of the best I've ever had. A very laid back place, it always reminds me of when Tot was tiny and she and I would go meet Dave for lunch. We went every Friday for about a year, until we moved across town.

3. Jade Garden. A Chinese place, just one of those random ones, but they make incredible Chicken Fried Rice and Chicken Chow Mein and Chicken Lo Mein. Oh, and Crab Rangoon. Yummmmm.

4. Espinoza's. Just a hole in the wall Mexican place, they have insanely good Tostados, the only place in the world that makes them exactly the way that I like. Their fajitas are also tasty and they have the best chips ever.

5. Salt Lick - Austin, TX. Okay, I know this is really stretching it as far as local goes since this place is about 4 hours away, but SERIOUSLY. This is the best BBQ I have ever had in my life and I eat quite a bit of BBQ. Their pork ribs are to die for, and you get quite a bit of food for your money. It's totally worth the drive and I think this may be my favorite place to eat of all time.


And there you go.

I'm going to tag:

1. Mom
2. Cheryl
3. Kyla
4. Aubrey

1 comment:

April Spicer said...

You've been tagged! Check out my blog to see what that means.

By the way, a slightly different task than foods. :)