Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Works For Me Wednesday

We're going to start a new weekly post here at The Unsinkable's Place. It's called Works For Me Wednesday and it's all over the place! Moms and Non Moms around the blogosphere are giving tips to friends about what works for them. So today, I'll join.

It's pretty hard to find crafts for toddlers that don't involve paint, glue or other messy things. I'm sure that most mom's don't mind those, but this mom sure does. You see, I am the proud owner of a Tot that will eat anything she thinks looks tasty. This includes paint, glue, crayons, carpet fuzz, plastic flowers and the tops of magic markers.

So I was quite excited to find this little craft in an old book my mother in law gave Tot a few months ago. All you have to do it get a paper plate, color the back of it (with the utmost of surpervision for those of you with hungry, creative kids), cut some lines in the middle and there you have it: A Hat! I added a little chin strap by punching two holes and threading a ribbon I had, but it's not necessary.

Tot promptly broke hers, but I had foreseen that event and made one, too. And if I say so myself, and I certainly do, my hat is utterly charming. Perhaps I'll wear it outside while weeding (if I ever did that), or to a party. I think it would go quite well with the nose stud.
Anyways, Tot loved it and it's a great craft to make that requires almost nothing and it super easy. So there you go, that's What Works For Me this Wednesday.

What works for you?

******
"He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who keeps My commandments will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him."
John 14:21

5 comments:

sara - The Estrogen Files said...

Great tip! I have only 1 toddler/preschooler, but the school age kids would love it, too! My tip is about the laundry monster.

Sarah said...

I love that you just can't get messy with this one, even if ou try! Love it! We WILL be doing this tomorrow. :)

Kyla said...

I would love to drive by and see you pulling weeds in your new hat!

Sarah said...

Seriously, a pic of you in the hat and the "booger" on your nose is a must-post...

The Queen: said...

hahahahahha..... oh PLEASE! A pic of you in the hat and a booger on your nose.... a mother could only dream of such a beautiful picture of her daughter. I think you need to post the picture!!! You could do a Pay Per View! You'd make enough money to pay for the hat materials and the nose piercing. LOL. Love ya, kiddo.