Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Look To Your Right

That's right! In a mere 10 days the McFaddins are coming back to Texas - FOR GOOD! I can't tell you how excited I am to have our movie pals back in town. I plan for lots of playdates, lots of Friends watching, and lots of pizza.

Every married couple knows how hard it is to find that "one couple" where the wives like eachother, the husbands like eachother, and all four like to spend time together. It's virtually like trying to date again. You find a lot of couples that are almost right, but not quite. Well, we struck gold with The McFaddins :)

We've been friends since college, Dave & Scott roomed together for awhile and Cheryl & I shared a roomate. We went on our first double date the first year Dave & I were married (I think, right?) and discovered our shared love of Mexican food. When they moved to Texas for Cheryl's graduate school, it was absolutely awesome and we discovered even more great things we all liked: Friends reruns, Alias, On The Border & Reef Flip Flops.

We spent tons of time together, went to church together, and planned to backpack through Eurpoe together. I sortof got pregnant instead, so we didn't do that last one with them, but they were there they day Tot was born, in fact, Scott was one of few people to see me before the epidural kicked in, and Cheryl was there as soon as she got off work.

They even lived with us for a few months right before they moved, and I have to say it was weird at how easy it went. It was pretty much like living in a dorm again, and we had a very great time. Then they up and moved across the dang ocean. Well, fine then.

We are just now forgiving them for moving away to England for two years. It has helped that we got to visit them a few months after they moved there and that we all have Skype and can talk online, but there is still a deep recess of resentment that only a long standing Friday night hang out time will cure. That and lots of playdates and pool time.

And now our friends are only TEN days from returning, packing along a little person that they didn't have when they left, and coming back to a little person we didn't have when they left. I am quite excited for the boys to play together and I know Tot will love another little guy around.

Anyways, it all boils down to.... SQUEE!!! TEN DAYS!



Oh, and I would have posted a picture of all of us, but as Cheryl and I recently realized - we don't have a single one. Seriously, you'd think with all the time we spent together, and that whole trip to England to see them, not to mention plain knowing them for almost 9 years, that at some point we would have gotten a picture together, but no. We'll definitely have to get one soon :)

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Yay! I'm so excited for all of you I need to get myself out to Texas sometime soon to see everyone...

Sarah said...

Michael and I have discussed a little trip to TX too...we should all rendezvous...

Unsinkable Kristen said...

Seriously, that would be awesome! A great big party :)

Robin said...

I am so happy for you and Dave that you have that kind of friendship. James and I had been having such a difficult time finding that too! Fortunately for us, our "McFaddins", a.k.a The Smiths just moved back FROM Texas and we have been spending lots of time with them. They even have a guest room that they have deemed "James and Robin's Room" for those nights when we just stay too late and put the kids down! LOL

Mary@notbefore7 said...

That is so great! Your enthusiasm is clear :)

Cheryl said...

I'M SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU GUYS!!! Seriously. I can't even express how much we've missed you guys. (And I can definitely hear "guy love" playing when Dave and Scott see each other.) :)