Thursday, July 19, 2007

Tot Speak

T: Mommy, I a MONSTER!
UK (Unsinkable Kristen, of course): Goodnight, Monster Tot.
T: Goodnight, Monster Mommy.

***

(everynight before bedtime)
UK: Mommy loves her Tot.
T: Tot wubs her Mommy.

***

UK: What's your name?
T: Taylor Tot.
UK: No, what's your whole name?
T: Taylor Tot Whippin. (No lie.)
UK: Silly girl, what's your name?
T: Tay Chapman
UK: Close enough.

***

(Tot spills some pretzels)
T: Don't worry, Mommy. I clean it up, all by self!

(Tot loses shoes)
T: Don't worry, Mommy. I find shoes, all by self!

(Prayers before bed)
T: Don't worry, Mommy, I pray all by self!

(Mommy spills pretzels)
T: Don't worry, Mommy. I hep you all by self!

***

(any time I haven't watched her close enough)
T: Look Mommy! I NAKEE!!!!!!! (runs around the house)

(any time she sees water - a pool, a lake, a fountain in the middle of a shopping center)
T: I go simmin' right now! (begins to take her clothes off) Look Mommy! I get NAKEE!!!!

***


Is it any wonder I spend most of my day laughing?

8 comments:

MeMe said...

Oh what WONDERFUL days. You know you will have to save these blog entries for ever and ever, so that Tot can show them to her children and grandchildren. They are precious and priceless. You are truely blessed! You are a great mommy and I "wubs" you too!

Cameron Clark said...

We too have developed a little water baby. She's got the big pool in KC and the little one in my parent's backyard.

It's a good thing she hasn't learned to take her clothes ALL the way off yet. I suspect she'll do about the same when spotting a nice patch of H2O.

The Tot is too cute.

Sarah said...

My niece used to say she'd do something "all my byself".

My oldest nephew is 10 and we still say stuff all the time that he used to say when he was little. I think it embarrasses the heck out of him.

Ha, my own grandpa does that to this day and I'm 28!!!

Tiffany said...

It sounds like you've got a little exhibitionist in the makings. Hmm... is there any record of females successfully completing the Mabee Challenge? You may have history in the makings.

Amy Lu said...

That is hysterical!!!! Thank you for sharing! On Sundays (when I actually wear a dress and put on makeup) I magically become Princess Mommy and take Princess Amber to church in the Princess Highlander.

and Tiff -- Katrina Wright Swain Regina Queen and XEA Queen successfully completed the Mabee Challenge. She is our idol.

Sarah said...

I so didn't know that about Katrina. She is my hero.

My fave Mabee story is Daniel Clark tripping...OWWWWWWW!!!!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

What a cutie! These cracked me up. I am so glad you record them...she'll love reading them one day!

Tiffany said...

Amy and Sarah - I didn't know either of those stories. I must hear!!!!!