Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Good Morning, Baltimore....er, Chicago!

Okay so, the Friday before I left for Chicago, Scott, Cheryl, David & I all went to see Hairspray. We had intended on seeing Bourne Ultimatum, or Rush Hour 3, or really anything else, but they were either sold out, at bad times, or not working with our free passes. So against the fervent wishes of Scott & David we saw Hairspray. The very first musical number is "Good Morning Baltimore", a song I couldn't get out of my head for the next 5 days. And as such, I greeted Chicago everyday with Good Morning, Baltimore. My fellow travelers tried to get me to switch it to sing Good Morning, Chicago, but it never stuck.

Anyways, we had a wonderful time picking up Laura Beth at the airport and then twirling around the city for the next day and a half. We saw Blue Man Group, did a LOT of shopping (H&M! Squee!), and then went to Navy Pier and the Art Institute. We stayed in the most awesome hotel, ate fabulous pizza, and had a generally fabulous time.

Here's the proof:

Here are the five of us in front of our super insanely great hotel.

Molly, Jennifer, Laura Beth, Neina, and of course, The Unsinkable herself rocking her favorite shirt.


Molly, Me, & Jennifer on the bridge on Michigan Ave. after a long morning of shopping




On Navy pier. Seriously, does it not look like I'm on the Island of Lilliput?!?

LB, Me & Molly on the Ferris Wheel. I'm genius at taking my own pictures.


My current infatuation with McDonalds only grew on the trip. I had it every day (not even kidding) and even snuck it onto the ferris wheel in my bag, along with a chocolate shake. I'm a tricky little hobbit.

Arg!

(Please tell me you can tell my bumbled Captain Morgan stance)

All in all the Chapman women had a great trip with our friends.

Strong.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Look how tall you look! Looks like you ladies had a great time away. I have only been to Chicago once, but really enjoyed it! It was before kids and it was just me and a bunch of girls! Great times. Brandy and I are going to get together in the Spring sometime...just the 2 of us. If we are close I will let you know!

Kyla said...

I have been waiting to hear about your trip!! Isn't Chicago the best city ever! I love it and can't wait to go back!! You do look very tall in the pictures. Did you buy alot at H&M?

Tiffany said...

You just busted out a freakin' Lilliput. You have to know that the English teacher side of me is saying "squee!" with much happiness.