Sunday, August 26, 2007

Me & Tot McGee

Today Tot and I are experiencing a rare phenomenon. Mommy & Tot time. With the arrival of my little Tank, Mommy & Tot time has almost vanished. Which is seriously a shame. She is getting funnier every day and just growing up right before my eyes.

Just the other day we had a half hour (no, really) conversation about what she wanted for her birthday. It revolved around princesses (she prefers Cinderella & Sleeping "Dooty"), Dora the Explorer, cake, the color pink, the color purple, and her preferred guest list. We had this conversation while laying in the middle of the floor facing eachother, one night after both David's had gone to bed early. She looks at me and says:

"Mommy! I have idea!"

"What, sweetie?"

"You come to my birthday party!!"


Why thanks for the invite, Tot. I'll certainly make an appearance.


Which brings me to our Tot and Mommy time. Today we have a birthday party to attend for her friend Gavin. We'll be going to a way cool outdoors store and having quite the manly party. The two Davids won't be attending, as they will be helping a friend move a china cabinet, with Little David doing most of the heavy lifting. He is a tank after all. They had to leave earlier, so that leaves Tot and I with a little bit of time on our hands before the party.

She is currently resting (read: jumping on the couch and watching cartoons while Mom takes a mental break), and will hopefully be in full form for the party.

I forget how much fun having one kid is, and sometimes I wonder what it would have been like to have waited longer to have our second. I wonder if I would have wanted a second one once we got to this stage. I mean, she can do so much, talk so much and is just a blast. She can hold my hand and walk places and chat with me the whole time about what we plan to do. And when you aren't dividing your attention between kids, she really isn't that hard to handle. It's the trying to manage two at the same time that makes each of them seem more difficult. However, if we would have waited, we wouldn't have our Little David, and I couldn't imagine my life without my little tank. I mean, the kid is precious. How would I live without those hugs???

But today, I'll enjoy a bit of time alone with my Totly. We may stop by a store on the way home and do some shopping. We'll look at toys, clothes, and shoes (she loves shoes). We'll chat about the party, talk about animals, maybe share a coke, and have a wonderful time. It will be such a nice change of pace from chasing after two kids who have two very different ideas of a good time :).

I have a feeling that the hardest part of today will be stopping her from attacking the pile of presents. Kid loves her some presents.

I don't know where she gets it.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I totally get what your saying! I enjoy the alone time I get with Sonya (which is a rare occurance). So special. Oh and enjoy your birthday! I will be having mine on the 9th! One year older than you :)

Sarah said...

It's like spending time with...a little you.

Robin said...

we need a responding post telling us how the time went! I love spending time with just Peyton or just Gavin.

Jill said...

I agree. I even wonder what it would be like if the birth order were reversed and our Nicholas was the oldest. I think that would be real bizarre, because our Natalie is such a spirited first-born child!