Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It's Talk Like A Pirate Day....ARG!



Ahoy Maties! It be Talk Like A Pirate Day and ye best be followin' it or ye'll be walkin' the plank!

Seriously.

Well, in case you didn't know, today is Talk Like A Pirate Day. I love this day so much that I've had it on my calendar for six months looking forward to it. Today we will be doing a host of pirate-y things, including but not limited to:

1. Actually talking like a pirate, matie. Avast!

2. Wearing pirate-y things (Tot has a hat and I have a shirt).

3. Going to the library and checking out pirate books. And pirate movies if they got em.

4. Coloring pirate pictures.

5. Eating Cinnamon Sugar Pirate hats for breakfast (my own creation).

6. Digging for buried treasure in the backyard (I've got some pennies :) ).

7. Tot wants to see a pirate ship so I'm working on that.

8. Watching the Veggie Tales "Pirate Who Don't Do Anything" silly sing along

9. Making pirate-y food for lunch (anyone have ideas??)

10. And going to church like pirates. Oh, yes.

11. Listening to my cell phone ring that David made that says "Avast Matie! It be talk like a pirate day and yer phone be a ringin'! So ye best be ansering it or we'll throw it from the brig!" Do I not have the BEST husband in the world??? He did it this morning while I was still asleep :)


So, maties, ye'll be joining us, right?? Else ye'll be walkin the plank!!

2 comments:

thirtycentcircus said...

Ha Ha Ha...you crack me up!!! I expect you to be wearing an eye patch in class tonight, and everytime Dave Ramsey mentions the word money you should stand up and shout "the booty, is mine...Argh!"

Amy Lu said...

Seriously...adopt me!