Tuesday, September 04, 2007

They Say It's My Birthday Da Na Na Na Na

Happy Birthday to me!!!! Oh friends, isn't this the best day already?

My sweet husband was the first to wish me a Happy Birthday this morning (complete with calling me Unsinkable), and started the birthday smacks early (like, 6:30am early)...only 25 more to go. And THEN he secretly recorded himself singing me Happy Birthday on my cell phone!! So whenever anyone calls, it starts playing him singing! Isn't that the coolest thing EVER?!?

Me with My birthday purse :) --->

Then my Mom called and sang to me, even though she was sick (yes, we passed the sick to her somehow), then Amy Lu texted me Happy Birthday, then Cheryl (er...Caleb) called and sang to me, then my brother called and sang, and my grandparents called and sang, and I got emails and facebook and super great girl blog Happy Birthdays. And it's not even 9am!!! Isn't this day the greatest! I seriously have the best friends and family ever. Ever.

I've had a great birthday weekend with a trip to Lake Tyler on Saturday with my Mom and Dave's family, then Sunday we met my mom's friend Tim and had a great day, and then yesterday we went to dinner with Dave's family at Sake (YUM YUM YUM) and did brownies and presents which were all awesome. Today the plans include having more brownies for breakfast, having an easy relaxing day, then having Scott & Cheryl over for the most awesome Jet's pizza and to watch "Blades of Glory".
And it's raining. My favorite weather!! Seriously, does a day get any better than this?? I didn't think so.

I'm just so very grateful each year as I look around and see so many family and friends that I love and I can't believe that God has blessed me with such great people in my life. It's pretty awesome to be The Unsinkable!

7 comments:

Robin said...

Happy Birthday Kristen! I picked up something for you that I would like to send you for your birthday. It was going to be a surprise, but well...I wasn't good at tracking down your address from any of your family. Will you message me on myspace, facebook or e mail with your address!
I hope that your day just keeps getting better!
Can you believe that Hannah will be 14 Friday?

LBC said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Maude said...

Happy Birthday!

thirtycentcircus said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! :) (super cute purse!)

Kyla said...

Happy Birthday!! I can't see the pic of your new purse!! I will have to wait and see it in person.

Emily said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

My husband and I had our first at home date night last night. You can read my blog for more details, but it was fun. Thanks for the great idea!

Jen said...

Happy belated birthday Kristen!