Monday, October 22, 2007

Menu Plan Monday

So, I found this blog, I'm an Organizing Junkie, that I am now a super fan of. Being a bit of an organizing junkie myself I am thrilled to spend hours combing her tips and suggestions and looking at her pictures of organized cabinets and kitchens....sigh. I do love me an organized kitchen.

But anyways, one of the blog carnivals she runs is called Menu Plan Monday where bloggers all put their links on her page to what they are planning for dinner this week. It's been a pretty neat way to get new ideas for dinners, especially for me as I tend to cook the same thing over and over again (chicken and rice, pizza, grilled chicken stirfry, Jet's pizza, chili, frozen pizza....sensing a theme here?). This is similar to the Works for Me Wednesday that is run by Rocks In My Dryer that I occasionally participate in.

So without further ado....here is my menu plan this week (Note: this isn't an adventurous week, but hey, you gotta start somewhere, right?):



Monday: Chicken and Rice Casserole (I'm switching things up by using cream of celery instead of cream of chicken...wow, I'm boring...)

Tuesday: Chili (I know, I know)

Wednesday: Beef Enchiladas (ala Tiffany's recipe using leftover chili! See?? Branching out here!)

Thursday: Pineapple Chicken with a rice pilaf (acutally, just rice. But pilaf sounds better.)

Friday: Pizza (Okay, so sue me. )



And that's what the Chapman family will be eating this week. What about you, anything tasty you'll be trying?

5 comments:

Maude said...

I, too, am planning chili this week. Thanks to a friend's suggestion, I'm going to add ground cumin this time. Maybe I'm the only one in the world who didn't know this, but apparently the "secret ingredient" in most restaurant chilis is cumin. Who knew? Not me! :)

thirtycentcircus said...

sounds like a yummy week at the Chapman house!!! I am not trying anything new this week...I'm the truly boring one! We should get together and make some of our fave meals in bulk, that way we could freeze some yummies for those days "where you just don't want to cook!" :)

Nicole McIntyre said...

I did a major menu overhaul last week. I've gotten lazy and spoiled since B was born and had been letting Nathan handle the cooking for far too long. The only problem is that when I should be getting food ready I usually have something pressing with one of the kiddos. So I got online and found a bunch of limited ingredient crock pot recipes and have been going to town. (I say limited ingredients because it is not a time saver if it takes 53 ingredients). We've found some really yummy ones and have about 40 more to go through!

Hope your menu planning is just as profitable.

Chad Gardner said...

Mary and I went on a Sam's Club shopping extravanganza this past Saturday. Now we don't have to buy more groceries (besides milk, bread) until the nuclear winter will have passed.

Our freezer is stocked with a HUGE bag of buffalo hot wings (made even yummier by the cool weather), we've got a large bag of stir-fry vegetables (simply add your own chicken) which gives us about 6 meals, Then there's the bag of 80, yes 80, meatballs to add to our pasta dishes. And of course, we've got the necessary 6 lb bag of chicken breasts. Not to be forgotten, we've also got 8 cans of Progresso soup for my lunches or dinners when I'm just not very hungry. Too much information... I know.

Sometimes I wonder if we save money at Sam's since we spend so much there?!

Jen @ JenuineJen said...

Your menu plan looks yummy! We are having chili too. Enjoy your dinners!