Sunday, October 28, 2007

Prayers For Tomorrow...

For those of you who don't know, and that's probably most of you because I haven't said anything, Little David has been having some...issues. He's had chronic diarrhea for the last three months and as everyone knows, that would be bad for an adult, let alone a 17 month old.

So, after a myriad of testing, we are going to take him in tomorrow for an upper endoscopy and colonoscopy and hopefully find out what's causing this. Because he's so little, they are going to put him under general anesthesia and we'll be in the hospital for quite a few hours.

This isn't a life threatening problem, he's still healthy and happy and giant, but it has been a very exhausting few months not knowing what was wrong and knowing that the doctors didn't either. The positive spin to all of this, is that we've ruled out a ton of stuff and now we know a lot of what this isn't. Which is good. However, this particular thing is a symptom for so many problems that we still have a lot left to check, which we'll be doing tomorrow. We're praying that this is some innoculous little problem that will work itself out in not too much longer. Or if it's something more serious, that we are able to treat it effectively and efficiently.

So, if you could please pray for my baby, I would so appreciate it.

8 comments:

Barbara said...

Hi Kristen - I've been reading your blog for a while now and just checking a few in the peace and quiet before I head to bed (I'm in UK). Glad I checked in so I can say good luck for tomorrow. I'll offer up a prayer for the wee chap.

Classic MaMa said...

I will absolutely pray for your little guy.

Jennifer said...

I'll definitely be praying for the procedure to run smoothly and safely, and for light to be shed on WHAT IN THE WORLD is going on! How frustrating! He's so precious!

The Aubrinator said...

We are praying for Little David, Kristen. I really hope this test gives you the answers you need to help your little boy.

Nicole McIntyre said...

You guys will certainly be in our prayers! Poor you and all those icky diapers!

elispeights said...

Kristen, we've been praying for some answers for you all. The not knowing is such a helpless feeling and Lord willing some answers will come your way soon. Let us know what the doctors say.

Elizabeth, Logan and Abagael

The Sheets said...

Tiff mentioned the tests at our Life Group Friday night. We are all praying for your family.

-Daisha

Maude said...

I didn't check your blog yesterday, so I didn't see this until almost 5 pm on Monday. I'm praying for the little guy now, though. (And for you, David & Tot as well.)

Blessings.