Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Thankful Emergency

Going to need to do a Thankful post, because this morning has not started out well.

1. I'm thankful that even though I got to hear "I want Daddy!! Daddy!! Not you, Mommy. NOOOOOOO!! NOT YOU. I NO WANT YOU." for a good half hour this morning, that eventually Tot looked at me and said "I lub you so so much Mommy" and patted my face.

2. I'm thankful that even though Tot, Little David and I all have sore throats, that David didn't get it and that the kids are feeling good enough to empty the contents of all my desk drawers around the house.

3. I'm thankful that even though no one got much sleep the past few days, that the kids woke up bright and early at 6:30am today with nary a thought of going back to bed. Um, not sure why I'm thankful for that.

4. I'm thankful that even though Little David had a rough day yesterday, what with having a tube down his throat and all, that he still is able to eat crayons with flourish.

5. I'm thankful that I haven't done laundry this past week, that gives me a good and full to do list today to keep myself busy.

6. I'm thankful, really and truly thankful, that this day can only get better and that I'm going to hide in my room for five minutes while the kids eat breakfast and read my bible and pray and try to get back to a decent frame of mind.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

You are such a glass-half-full kinda gal. Thanks for being such a positive friend!

Emily said...

Sorry, Kristen, sounds like my day so far. My 8mo old decided to throw his first full blown temper tantrum, my cats is hurt and needs to go to the vet ASAP, I'm babysitting a friends 2 year old and to top it off my husband is at jury duty. But, I snuck away from the kids playing quietly on the floor to refocus. The enemy will NOT have my day...

Nicole McIntyre said...

It would have been such a shame if Little David's crayon eating mood had been ruined by yesterday's events...

And follow your own advice and go scarf a bag of M&Ms!

Unsinkable Kristen said...

Friend, been there and done that :) M&M's are never far from this household.

Amy Lu said...

Taco time.