Thursday, October 25, 2007

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for...

1. My hot chocolate in my I Heart Jim mug. The weather was chilly and the hot chocolate just made it perfection.

2. Little David playing nicely in his crib (a first) while Tot slept in and I enjoyed the previously mentioned delight.

3. Getting to go to the pumpkin patch a second time tonight with our friends Patrick & Shannon. I will most certainly post the pictures later.

4. My crazy awesome talent of getting both kids bathed and dressed this morning with minimal fuss. There was only one unfortunate moment of peeing on the carpet (Tot), but otherwise my kids are washed, lotioned, dressed in cozy fall clothes and smelling rather delightful. A good way to start the day.

5. My awesome husband, who arranged babysitting for the Tot while we took Little David to the doctor. It might have been for his own nefarious purposes (i.e. getting himself out of trouble for getting home way late the other night without calling), but I still appreciated the gesture and thoughtfulness, as I don't know how we would have dealt with Tot and all the other junk we had to do at the appointment. So, major points for him.

6. Next week hosting both Halloween and National Deviled Egg Day. I mean, seriously, how much better does it get than eating free candy and deviled eggs???

7. My church. I have the greatest church family and I adore them all. I have had the privilege of being part of great church families in the past (Lindberg, this means you), and I'm so glad that we've found another one we can truly belong to. When they know you are going through tough times, and call to check up on you and remind you that they are all praying, you know you have found a diamond in the rough (ugh. Sorry, I just couldn't come up with a better phrase).

8. My rock star awesome dress that I'll wear to my mom's wedding. This is a miracle because I had three criteria that the dress had to adhere to: a) It had to be appropriate for the occasion (which immediately ruled out half of the dresses out there). b) It had to make me look absolutely fabulous because we'll be looking at the pictures for years and this will be the first time I meet my step brothers to be and one wants to make a non-frumpy first impression. c) It had to follow the Dave Ramsey Caveat and be bought with cash, thus requiring it to be budget friendly. Needless to say, I thought it was all but impossible to meet all three of these, but Dave came to the rescue and found the perfect Little Black Dress at New York & Co, that not only fit the occasion, fit me (and in a smaller size thankyouverymuch), and was able to be bought with cash. Now that is something to be thankful for (the dress and the champion shopper husband).

9. The set of blocks we (er...Santa) bought Tot for christmas last year that are now back in toddler vogue. For some reason, Tot is now all about building towers and has spent the last week building exceedingly taller and more complex creations. Seriously, I have a picture of this thing she built and had I not watched her do it, I would have never believed she could. And all of this building is occupying lots of time heretofore used for pushing her brother down and demading to watch the Dora movie. Hurray for blocks!

10. My Rangers hat. As my shorty short hair grows out and gets shaggier by the minute, styling options drop faster than our dear Rangers did this past season. Since I haven't had time to get it cut back up to prime styling length, I've had to make do with a lot of Hat Days. Thankfully, my hat is especially awesome and worn in and hopefully doesn't make it look like I had to wear it, but that I chose to wear it (please, if I'm wrong some one tell me). An excellent hat who can find? It's worth is far more than rubies :)


What are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

Angela said...

I know I don't comment much but I do love how you're always on the up and up on which national day of black it is! Totally rocks.

Robin said...

I am so very thankful that we get to keep up on each other's lives through the blogging world. It has help span the HUGE gap between Indiana and Texas and that is awesome!

P.S. We are now back from vacation and that super secret fall box will be on its way to Texas very soon!