Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Wedding: Part One

Well, we made it through. The wedding went off with a hitch (har har) and a great time was had by all. The ceremony was beautiful, my aunts did a fabulous job decorating, and there was Ghiradelli chocolate on the tables, I mean really, could it get any better? Oh wait, it could. We had delicious bar-b-que and there were Diet Dr. Peppers galore. Seriously awesome.

The most fun part, however, was the DJ. I had the distinct pleasure of watching my mom and my new step dad, my aunts and uncles, and a few other couples all slow dance to "Let's Get It On". Yeah. Figuring that we could either throw up a little or join in, Dave and I junior high danced along for the last minute.

Following that was a lot of disco, a little electric slide, a lot of groove shaking and an insane amount of fun. I'm reminded once again that I have the world's most fun family and man, can we throw a party. Oh, and in addition to my awesome family, I am now the proud step sibling of three new step brothers and two new step sisters in law (how in the world can I shorten that?) and I do believe that we'll get along just fine. I'm glad they're normal, because we're chock full of crazy here.

Anyways, here are a select few pictures to whet your appetite until I can upload the ones of the whole family and the Flower Tot. I know you'll love it.

The actual ceremony, featuring Mom, Tim, Tim's middle son Aaron, my mom's friend John and myself in the afore mentioned rock star awesome dress.


Mom & her sisters, Sarah and Cheryl


My favorite artsy picture of the evening with Mom & Tim dancing

5 comments:

Amy Lu said...

Oh you soooo rocked the dress! Can't wait to see more!

jlired said...

i love it! your mom looks so happy and your hair looks fabulous :)

Nicole McIntyre said...

Lovin' the dress. Where did you find it?

Robin said...

Great pictures! So happy for your mom and your whole family.

Looks like you are going to have to call the new additions Step-SILs Haha!

Chad Gardner said...

Any pics of you and David junior high dancing? Haha.