It's been awhile since I've done a survey on here, mostly because I figure you all know most everything about me anyways. However, since this one is about Christmas, and I'm feeling rather Christmas-y, I relented.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? If I have the time, always wrapping paper. That winds up meaning that for birthdays I always do gift bags and for Christmas I do wrapping paper.
2. Real tree or artificial? I would LOVE to have a real tree and, hopefully, when the kids are a little older and less prone to eating any vegetation in the house, we'll have one. Until then, we have a nice fake one that Dave's parents are letting us use since ours bit the dust two years ago.
3. When do you put up the tree? I try to get it up the week after Thanksgiving, but this year I took a break and will get it up later.
4. When do you take the tree down? The week after Christmas. By that time I'm so ready to have a less full house and I love seeing how clean the place looks without so much stuff!
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes!
6. What about Fruitcake? Depends on the cake. And the fruit.
7. Favorite gift received as a child? Totally can't think of anything specific that I loved more than any other gift. I got Cricket the doll one year and loved that, and I got a HUGE Raggedy Ann one year that I still have and let Tot play with but I really did love all the toys. I don't discriminate on presents.
8. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but I am coveting the one from Willow Tree. And yes, I know how horrible it is to covet a nativity scene.
9. Hardest person to buy for? My brother's family.
10. Easiest person to buy for? The kids and myself :)
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Since my family reads this, I won't answer :)
12. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, which reminds me I need to get our picture taken!
13. Favorite Christmas Movie? Holiday Inn with Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire, and Emmitt Otter's Jug Band Christmas.
14. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually around October
15. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Again, family reads this.
16. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Fudge, Christmas ham, Holiday Cookies (a great recipe from my Mammaw), decorated sugar cookies, green bean casserole, Neina's sweet potato casserole stuffed oranges, white fudge covered oreos, cordial cherries, puppy chow, peppermint hot chocolate with sprinkles from Starbucks, those plain vanilla cookies you buy at the grocery store that are decorated for every holiday with sprinkles - the kind people take to school - I LOVE those, and egg nog.
Hmmm...may have gone a little overboard there.
17. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Both. Last year we had colored lights on the tree and white lights on the outside. And this year I think I'll do white lights on the tree and those huge colored bulbs on the outside.
18. Favorite Christmas song? The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole. And anything by the Chipmunks.
19. Travel for Christmas or stay at home? The first few years we traveled, and the past few years we've stayed at home. This year we'll do Christmas at Dave's parents, so we'll travel but only 30 minutes :)
20. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Um, of course.
21. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
22. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Family on Christmas Eve, Santa in the morning.
23. What is the one present you want most this year? Any season of The Office on DVD or gift cards to go shopping at Old Navy :)
24. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Not a thing, I LOVE Christmas
25. What I love most about Christmas? Everything! I love spending time with my family, I love decorating, I love eating, I love getting to teach my kids the Christmas Story, I love watching them pick out gifts and I love how happy and cheerful people are. And I love presents.