So, here are the things I'm thankful for today:
10. I'm thankful that when Tot woke up two days ago at 12:30am and started to eat the gingerbread men ornaments that I had made and painted that day, that she only nibbled on their heads and I can still give them to people.
9. I am thankful that the kids slept in this morning, enabling me to get a nice round 6 hours of sleep.
8. I'm thankful that even though Tot decided that she didn't want to eat any of the breakfast of pancakes, eggs, toast and banana that I made her this morning when she asked for it, that at least she told me so politely "Mommy, I no want to eat this please". Sigh.
7. I am thankful that my dog has been content to stay outside in the 35 degree weather after I let him out and not bark so much that I have to go outside and get him, thus freezing my personal parts off.
6. I am thankful that I'm going to a friend's house tomorrow for a great Girls Gotta Eat lunch with friends. Fast Food? Check. Kids for my kids to play with? Check. Lots of friends for me to play with? Check.
5. I am thankful that I have some awesome tentative New Years plans consisting of a board game marathon, Friends DVD's and margaritas with the McFaddins.
4. I am very, very thankful that I have no obligations today other than doing a load of dishes, a load of laundry and finding a way to get my kids to run some energy off.
3. I am thankful that I woke up at 4 am this morning to Tot sitting right beside me saying "Hi Mommy! I'm eating a cookie!" and not "Mommy! I threw up!".
2. I am thankful that Little David is the worlds most awesome cuddler and that he is content to sit and wiggle in my lap while I type.
1. I am thankful that Dave and I have babysitting on Saturday night to go to a grownups only Christmas Party :).
Thank you, Lord for large mercies.
Today's Thankful Thursday is brought to you by the Starbuck's Mint Mocha Frappachino that I found in my fridge this morning. Without it, I wouldn't be awake enough to type my name.