Thursday, December 27, 2007

Thankful Thursday

No preface today, just some good straight forward Thankfulness.

Here you go:

1. I'm thankful that Dave got his iTouch for Christmas thanks to the collective generosity of our families. It's the only thing I can remember him wanting so badly for the past few years. You should have seen his face last night when he went and bought it with his Christmas money. Adorable.

2. I'm thankful that Tot really understood Christmas this year, and even went to far as to ask me if we could give some of her books to the "little girls that don't have any". Then she really got in the spirit, and we ended up with five boxes of toys, clothes, stuffed animals and books to give to the Little Girls.

3. I'm thankful that I had a wonderful time with Dave's family and that it felt like home. It's always sad to not spend Christmas with your own family, but it's pretty awesome to feel like you're home anyways.

4. I'm thankful that I got an adorably fuzzy and cute sweater purse on sale for under $10. It makes me feel snuggly and like I'm in Aspen even though it'll be 65 degrees this week in Texas.

5. I'm thankful that the kids have actually been sitting still for the daily devotions we've been doing and that Tot is starting to learn some new songs and to pray on her own (see previous posts for said hilarity).

6. I'm thankful that I got my No Complaint bracelet in the mail and that I'm working pretty hard on it and doing good so far (well, as of 10am this morning when it got here).

7. I'm thankful for the delicious goodness of Chick-Fil-A.

8. I'm thankful for our new puppy, Foxy, who has had only a few accidents on the carpet and who gets along and plays with our 150 lb. Anatolian Shepherd, Bear, despite her only weighing 10 lbs.

9. I'm thankful that the holiday season is almost over, because while I love all the fun and excitement, I'm definitely ready to get into my regular routine.

10. And for the big one, I'm thankful that as of11:00 am today, we paid off one of our two credit cards and that as of today we have paid off over $10,000 in debt since we started Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University. I can not express how grateful I am that God put that class in our lives. It's totally changed how we view money and made Dave and I completely agree (for the first time) exactly how we were going to use our money. We are well on our way to be completely debt free!

What are you thankful for today?

7 comments:

Sara Kay said...

I've been lurking on your blog, and thought I would de-lurk to congratulate you on paying off debt. We're on the Dave Ramsey plan also, and I know exactly what a huge accomplishment that is. :) So happy for you guys!

thirtycentcircus said...

Way to go Giselle!!!!!! :)

Emily said...

Sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for today! And way to go on paying down your debt!

Nicole McIntyre said...

Way to live like no one else so later you can live like no one else. (okay, Nathan has worked for the man too long if I can now quote everything....) Oooo, I forgot to tell you, at the Christmas party they showed some "vinatge" footage of FPU. My personal fave: gazelle flashbacks.

And you got a new puppy?

Jennifer said...

Wow, I learned a lot about you guys with this edition of thankful Thursday - I didn't know you guys did daily devotionals (I'll have to pick your brain about it cause it sounds AWESOME), I didn't know you got a new puppy (so fun!), and that's super cool about your credit card.

sam said...

congrats on paying that credit card off we have been working on ours as well. Also, good luck with the puppy. We recieved a puppy for christmas. It has been quite interesting.

April Spicer said...

Woo hoo! Holy cow, girl, $10000! WOWZERS!! Man oh man. That's huge! I am way impressed and veyr proud. Truly awesome. That was only 4 months! Let's get together SOON>