Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Tot Speak

Preface:

Each night before bed, we have prayer time with Tot. We say the same prayer each night and it goes like this:

Dear God, Thank You for this day.
Thank You for my friends,
Thank You for my family,
I love You,
In Jesus name, Amen.

Usually it goes pretty tame, and almost every night she refuses to pray and makes us do it. However, the past day or two she's gotten in the swing of things.

**********

(Christmas Eve lunch at prayer time, Tot is running around with the butter she was supposed to put on the table )

UK: Tot! Put the butter down and hold my hand it's time to pray.
UK: Tot! Seriously, Put The Butter Down NOW and get over here.
Tot (running into the circle to hold hands): Dear God, Thank you for this day, Thank You for the butter, Thank you for my family, Amen.

***********
(Christmas Eve, prayer time before bed with Dave, Myself, Tot, Dave's parents and sister)

Dave: Okay Tot, are you ready to pray?
UK: Tot, quit picking your nose.
Dave: Okay, Tot, start praying.
Tot: Dear God, Thank you for this day, Thank you for my boogers, Thank you for my boogers...
Dave (leading her towards another topic): Thank you for my...
Tot: Thank you for my nose that holds my boogers...
Dave: Thank you for my...friends...
Tot: Thank you for my friends, Thank you for my boogers...
Dave: In Jesus Name...
Tot: Thank you for my boogers, Amen.

By then end, Dave and his sister were the only ones left in the room we were all laughing so hard.

*******
(Last night, prayer time)

UK: Okay, Tot, are you ready to say the prayer?
Tot: Dear God, Thank You for this day, Thank You for my Elmo flashlight, Thank You for my milk, Amen.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

too cute!!! and funny!

How are the threes going for you?? I think I am getting a taste of something I don't like and it's two weeks early!!

LBC said...

Seriously, so funny! I'm so glad I got to witness two of those!