Each Tuesday I'll give you five things that are my favorites in what ever category I choose. This whole thing came to me this morning as I was putting on my mascara and thought "Self, this is some rock star awesome mascara. Everyone should know about this mascara. I need to blog about this mascara. But an entire post about mascara is a little excessive. But an entire post about all my make up is definitely not!!". And so the idea progressed from there.
Without further ado, I give you the inaugural edition of Tuesday Favorites.
5. e.l.f. All Over Color Stick ($1 online and in limited stores) - This creamy color stick works triple time as a blush, eyeshadow and lipstick. It's perfect for the makeup bag you keep in your car or purse for touch ups or for when you are halfway to church and realize you got the kids dressed and ready but neglected your own face. You probably wouldn't want to use this as an every day thing, but like I said, it's great for on the go.
4. Ulta Super Shiny Lipgloss ($8 online and in stores) - This is quite possible the best lip gloss I've ever used. It stays on forever and looks shiny without looking wet and sticky. I prefer the color "princess" because the title combined with the glossyness makes me feel supafly.
3. Natural Ice Chapstick in Cherry ($1.49 in stores) - Dave and I literally fight over this chapstick. We can never find it, so when we do we buy, like, five tubes at a time. Unfortunately, I go through chapstick pretty fast and according to Dave I "use it wrong". This means that I don't apply it to my lips in a manner designed to keep the top of the chapstick perfectly flat at all cost and so he won't share. Whatever. Regardless, buy the stuff. You'll thank me later when you're lips are all tingly and moist with the chapsticky goodness.
2. L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream ($25 in stores) - Okay, I know this isn't make up but deal with it. This is by far the best hand cream in the whole universe and it's totally worth the money. It leaves your hands feeling great, not greasy, and works wonders on cuticles. And on the plus side, if you are good with it, the tube can last you almost an entire year.
1. Maybelline Define A Lash Mascara ($8 at stores) - Finally, the product that started it all. You know how everyone has that one make up product that they just can't leave the house without? Mine is mascara. Well, that and chapstick. But anyways, the big one is mascara and as a girl who follows the "throw your eye make up out every six months" rule, I've tried quite a few mascaras. This one is awesome because not only does the bright green tube look super fancy, and the newly redesigned wand wiggle around with rubber bristles instead of featheredy things like most wands have, the actual mascara doesn't clump. You guys, I swear on Buddy Rich's grave that this stuff is awesome. I have yet to have to use an
So there you go, the very first Tuesday Favorites. Do let the management know what your favorite make up stuff is!
Oh, and I'm looking for a great eyeliner, any tips?