Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Tuesday Favorites: Make Up Edition

Well friends, I'm thinking of starting a new weekly feature - Tuesday Favorites.

Each Tuesday I'll give you five things that are my favorites in what ever category I choose. This whole thing came to me this morning as I was putting on my mascara and thought "Self, this is some rock star awesome mascara. Everyone should know about this mascara. I need to blog about this mascara. But an entire post about mascara is a little excessive. But an entire post about all my make up is definitely not!!". And so the idea progressed from there.

Without further ado, I give you the inaugural edition of Tuesday Favorites.

5. e.l.f. All Over Color Stick ($1 online and in limited stores) - This creamy color stick works triple time as a blush, eyeshadow and lipstick. It's perfect for the makeup bag you keep in your car or purse for touch ups or for when you are halfway to church and realize you got the kids dressed and ready but neglected your own face. You probably wouldn't want to use this as an every day thing, but like I said, it's great for on the go.

4. Ulta Super Shiny Lipgloss ($8 online and in stores) - This is quite possible the best lip gloss I've ever used. It stays on forever and looks shiny without looking wet and sticky. I prefer the color "princess" because the title combined with the glossyness makes me feel supafly.

3. Natural Ice Chapstick in Cherry ($1.49 in stores) - Dave and I literally fight over this chapstick. We can never find it, so when we do we buy, like, five tubes at a time. Unfortunately, I go through chapstick pretty fast and according to Dave I "use it wrong". This means that I don't apply it to my lips in a manner designed to keep the top of the chapstick perfectly flat at all cost and so he won't share. Whatever. Regardless, buy the stuff. You'll thank me later when you're lips are all tingly and moist with the chapsticky goodness.

2. L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream ($25 in stores) - Okay, I know this isn't make up but deal with it. This is by far the best hand cream in the whole universe and it's totally worth the money. It leaves your hands feeling great, not greasy, and works wonders on cuticles. And on the plus side, if you are good with it, the tube can last you almost an entire year.

1. Maybelline Define A Lash Mascara ($8 at stores) - Finally, the product that started it all. You know how everyone has that one make up product that they just can't leave the house without? Mine is mascara. Well, that and chapstick. But anyways, the big one is mascara and as a girl who follows the "throw your eye make up out every six months" rule, I've tried quite a few mascaras. This one is awesome because not only does the bright green tube look super fancy, and the newly redesigned wand wiggle around with rubber bristles instead of featheredy things like most wands have, the actual mascara doesn't clump. You guys, I swear on Buddy Rich's grave that this stuff is awesome. I have yet to have to use an old toothbrush an eyelash brush to get the extra yuck off and to get my woefully short lashes to be individuals and not a close knit group, and that is saying something. The only downside is that if you rub your eyes too much, it does flake, but then again, that just means that it's also easy to wash off.


So there you go, the very first Tuesday Favorites. Do let the management know what your favorite make up stuff is!


Oh, and I'm looking for a great eyeliner, any tips?

9 comments:

Calamity Jean said...

I love prestige eyeliner. Its not too expensive and they have tons of colors to choose from. I am going to join in your Tuesday favorites and link back to you.

Sarah said...

I'm a Burt's Bees fan when it comes to chapstick, but you just may get me to try your natural ice chapstick if i can find it...

Sara said...

Hi there - I found you blog through the T2CHK website. I just had to comment because I "HEART" mascara. I can't go out without it. My favorite is the old-school pink & green Maybelline mascara. Now, what you need for short eyelashes is the Shu Uemura eye lash curler: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P8119

It's wonderful. :)

thirtycentcircus said...

Who's Buddy Rich? :)

Unsinkable Kristen said...

I knew someone would ask that. It's a quote from a very random HBO special about 20 years ago that my mom taped and we've watched about a billion time. No one ever gets it, but my family says it so much I forget :)

Oh and Buddy Rich was a famous drummer from way way back.

Emily said...

I can't live without my True Match foundation. It's SO light and feels powdery once it's on and never heavy and think and they have like 21 colors to choose from and have this cool little plastic color picker thingy at the drug stores. It runs about $10 a jar (it comes in cute glass jars) but it's SO well worth it. I wait until it's B1G1 Free at RiteAid or Walgreens and that way they're only $5 a piece. oh, and if you get the wrong color, you can take it back, no questions asked! It's my splurge. I'm going to join you with Tuesday Favorite and link back to you. But, since it's now Wednesday, I'll wait until next week :-) Oh, and next time I need mascara, I'm totally going to try Mabelline Define a Lash. I've seen commercials but needed to know first hand if it was really worth it.

Jennifer said...

I LOVE my foundation/powder. It's a two-in-one by Covergirl - like $6 or $7 and it really does work for both! It comes in a black square container. Have to get back to you on the official name of it, but it totally rocks.
P.S. just when I think you can't possibly get any more creative, you totally prove me wrong

Momma Fish said...

Buddy Rich's grave.... hee hee hee. I love that line. Bless Steven Bank's heart, little did he know that line would live in our family forever.
Love ya, kiddo.
Momma <><

Sara Berry said...

I love the entire concept of Tuesday Favorites. I also went out and got the Define-A-Lash to test at tonight's office holiday party. I am expecting big things. Perhaps it will bring me good fortune in the jockeying for attendance prizes.s