Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thankful Thursday: Stud Husband Edition


Well, in mourning of my husband going on a business trip for a day or so, this edition of Thankful Thursday is all about him. I have a pretty rad spouse and I thought that he deserved an entire post, not just a bullet point. Also, I'm hoping for bonus points so that he'll bring me back a souvenir.

1. I am thankful that last night Dave brought me peanut M&M's after guitar practice (his, not mine, I so don't play).

2. I am thankful that when I told him that the kids had milk and cheez-it's for breakfast he didn't even blink.

3. I am thankful that when the dogs bark in the middle of the night he takes them outside in the coldness and lets me stay warm.

4. I am thankful that when he gets back in bed that he doesn't try to freeze me with his feet like I do to him.

5. I am thankful that Dave sets his alarm 15 minutes early each morning to make sure we get to snooze and snuggle before he leaves for work.

6. I am thankful that he is so good looking. I'm not trying to brag or anything, but dude, have you seen him? Gorgeous.

7. I am thankful he's my lobster.

8. I am thankful that he tolerates me trying to match him all the time. We have four pairs of matching shoes, 6 matching shirts, and matching jackets. He's almost a saint.

9. I am thankful that when I started making noises about another baby he got me another dog. Quick thinking.

10. I am thankful and grateful and crazy blessed that he is my total best pal in the world and that we are the best team ever. We're like a gang. You can call us the Cobras.

11 comments:

LBC said...

I love that picture of you two! How long is David gone for?

Tiffany said...

1) Lobster. Rad.
2) Please tell me you're referring to the Cobras/Panthers skit from Saturday Night Live. I actually renacted that on Tuesday for my Dramatic Literature class. (there was a reason for it, though I know they are all convinced I'm crazy anyway.)

Sarah said...

4. I do that too, but won't let M do it to me!

8. Always cracks me up that you do that.

Unsinkable Kristen said...

Actually, the Cobras thing is also from Friends. It's an exceptionally random scene where Rachael and Joey decide they are going to be a gang and keep the new chair even though Chandler didn't break it.

And Dave will be back Saturday morning.

And yes, Stealth Matching is the best game ever.

Amy Lu said...

Love #7.

and maybe with #8...he's trying to match you! haha

Sarah said...

Okay, I think I'm missing the whole lobster reference...

Unsinkable Kristen said...

Also from Friends. I really have no original material.

Thompson Family said...

YEAH!! I just found your blog. It is so much fun to read. I will have to add you to my favorites so I can check in on your antics often. Good to see you guys are all doing well. Stop by our blog and check out our little man! Kristen

Scott said...

I think Thankful Thursday must have at least one Friends reference, or in this case 2!

Jen said...

What an awesome post! You have such a way with words!

Kristen said...

Love it!