Thursday, January 03, 2008

Thankful Thursday

My bad. I've been horrible at updating and probably would have skipped today, but today is Thankful Thursday and I can't skip that. Because, without fail, Thursdays seem to be the "yuck" days. The days where Tot won't eat that awesome homemade Baked French Toast that I spend forever on for breakfast, where Little David won't let me out of his sight or his grab for 2 minutes at a time and where we need milk. And eggs. And lunch. And lots of Diet Dr. Pepper.

I know I've said it before, but I'm pretty sure God has a hand in these days. I get to the end of my rope and then I remember - it's Thankful Thursday. And as I try to plan my blog in my head, I remember all of the great things that always seem to overshadow the irritating ones.

1. I'm thankful that this morning, even though I had to force feed her breakfast, the Tot drew me a card that had our whole family on it while I cooked. We were all smiling.

2. I'm thankful that my son is no longer mute and that tomorrow instead of having to tell my pediatrician that my son can only say "Mama" "Oh No" and "Hook 'Em", I can tell him that he can also say "Please" "Thank You" "Bye Bye" and can mumble "Love You" if pressed.

3. I'm thankful for Lu's suggestion of a Hot Chocolate with Extra Whipped Cream this morning when I was having a crisis Starbuck's run. It totally hit the spot.

4. I'm thankful for my awesome husband who plans to let me go for an hour each week and get coffee and go to the library for some crazy needed alone time while he watches the kids.

5. I'm thankful for the books Mrs. Clean Jean's Housekeeping with Kids and One Bite Won't Kill You for restoring my faith that I can feed my kids and keep my house clean.

6. I'm thankful for Lunchable Jr.'s. You have no idea how thankful.

7. I'm thankful for my brother, who calls me asking to talk him off the ledge that his three kids are driving him nuts. It makes me feel better knowing that when I call him doing the same thing (but with a mere two kids) he'll totally understand and empathize and maybe even have some advice.

8. I'm thankful for the chilly weather and the fact that I have learned to make a fire in our fireplace.

9. I'm still thankful that David got his iPod Touch, because that means I have inherited his Nano and speakers and I've been majorly grooving all over the house since I hooked it up (i.e. plugged into the kitchen wall).

10. I'm thankful that today is Thursday and that I am reminded to be thankful. It would be better if I didn't rely on a regular blog post to remember to be thankful, but there it is. I get so involved in my own little trials, that sometimes it's hard to remember all of these awesome things that I have in my life. I am grateful that today I am aware of them, and that it's made my patience with the other things a little stronger.

4 comments:

Nicole McIntyre said...

I'm thankful for your Thankful Thursdays, because somehow they always echo what's going on here. Or remind me of things to be thankful for.

Becky said...

i am thankful that you told me about those 2 books. oh--and that you sent me a wicked hand made scarf (how did you know my new winter coat was brown) and an emergency stash of M&Ms.

Amy Lu said...

I'm thankful that I was mentioned in the famous UK's Thankful Thursday!!!

I also echo Becky...so thankful for the scarf and MMs!!!

Sarah said...

I echo Becky's & Lu's thankfulness and I add on top that you are a rockstar and truly worthy of the Unsinkable title.