Thursday, February 21, 2008

I Spoke Too Soon.

So, I had this awesome day planned today. The kids and I were going to go to Payless for some shoe shopping, then to WalMart to buy a new printer, then we were going to get a little tasty something for lunch. We would stop by the library to get some books and movies, and then they would nap and I would read and finish cleaning and fold some laundry while admiring my new shoes. Sounds awesome, doesn't it?

But alas, the sickness has come upon me. It seems that while bragging that my body has super powers, my sinuses were preparing to open the flood gates and prove me wrong. This morning, I am most certainly not shoe shopping. I am curled upon my desk chair fighting the overwhelming nausea that comes from drinking DayQuil on an empty stomach. Next time you hear me say anything so blatantly untrue as "I never get sick", will some one please come over here and beat me?

3 comments:

Becky said...

i thought of you this morning while i was shopping in walmart for myself some sick time goodness. ramen noodles, lunchables and juice were bought for myself. and a people magazine. and some milky ways.

Unsinkable Kristen said...

Strong. Now, THAT's a sick day.

Robin said...

I hope you are feeling better today. It is really hard to be super mom when you are sick!