Thursday, February 07, 2008

Thankful Thursday (with Update)

Good Morning! Well, for starters I'm thankful that the past two Thursdays have been pretty good and I haven't had to try too hard to be thankful. See? I'm changing. I'm growing.

10. I am thankful that next week I'm getting my hair cut. Woonanny, my hair is driving me bonkers. Need to get the shorty short back.

9. I am thankful that Tot has completely forgotten our conversation yesterday. Very, very, thankful.

8. I am thankful that from 12:00am until 6:00am I didn't move an inch and slept like the dead. Wonderful.

7. I am thankful that I've made it through Day One of giving chocolate up for Lent. Sigh.

6. I am thankful that my hot pink slippers that I've had for almost 10 years, are still in two pieces. My entire foot may stick out the front end and they may have little to no cushion in them anymore and they have certainly lost any aesthetic value, but they are still wearable. And I'm thankful for that. Oh the memories these slippers have...

5. I am thankful for Starbuck's Caramel Frappachinos. They are not as good as my Peppermint Java Chip Fraps, but they'll do in a can't-have-chocolate pinch.

4. I am thankful for Tot being hilarious. Seriously, I didn't know kids could be as funny as she is. This week she told me she had an invisible friend named "Grandpa". Grandpa is five, he lives at work with all the other people, he is blue and ginormous (her words). We had a near miss at Chick Fil A when we almost left him, but we got him in time. Whew.

3. I am thankful that Old Navy is under new creative direction and is coming out with new collections each month. New stuff coming in faster = old stuff going to clearance sooner = tons of bargains for The Unsinkable. It's a good world.

2. I am thankful for my church. It's just impossible to leave there in a bad mood. I went yesterday feeling quite grumpy, and came home full up on good chatting with friends and lots of hugs and kisses from my 2 year old class. That'll do the trick.

1. I am thankful for Dave, again, because he's my pal. I can't think of anyone else I'd rather go through the day-to-day with.


Update: Tot has just told me about a new invisible friend, Grandma. Grandma is three, and she is this tall, and she has black hair, just like Tot and I.

Apparently, we need to work on our colors more.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

#4 and the update absolutely made me laugh out loud.

And I have the same problem on #6 and I'm completely jealous of #10.