Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Well, hello! Sorry I've been a bit MIA, we've had some super snuggly days and I couldn't seem to drag myself away from my quilt, the couch, and the kids long enough to post anything. My bad. However, I will say that my few days of snuggles have definitely left me in a very thankful mood. So I have that going for me, which is nice. I super special promise that I won't leave you for so long again. How did you ever survive?

But anyways, on to the Thankfulness!

1. I am thankful that yesterday I didn't get out of my jammies or off of the couch until 11am. For real. The kids took turns snuggling into me while we watched Stanley and Dora and it was bliss.

2. I am thankful that my David is the best husband ever. Yesterday, he got me Diet Dr. Pepper twice without me asking me for it. He just came up to me at church and handed me one (yes, I totally swooned) and then when he went out to get milk he brought me home a 12 pack. Ladies, a man who will feed your caffeine addiction is a keeper and deserves many kisses.

3. I am thankful that so far today the kids aren't arguing much. It's rather pleasant.

4. I am thankful that I rocked breakfast's face off this morning. I made Toasty Smiles - Buttered bread with a smiley face cut out laid on top of an egg and then fried up. Cute and delicious. The kids completely ignored them and demanded cereal, but I ate mine with a smile on my face and am now full and content.

5. I am thankful for my family who I get to talk to daily. I will never forget how blessed I am to have family that I actually want to talk to on a daily basis.

6. I am thankful that my new slippers are adjusting to daily life nicely. You can already see my footprint in them and the bottoms are scratched and dirty. If they start to rip, we'll know it's love.

7. I am super, crazy, thankful that Dave decided I needed a night off each week. Starting next week, Thursday nights are mine. I can go to the library, to a movie, to a yoga class, to Starbucks, anywhere, all by myself. Delicious. Also, the odds of me scrapping my plans to lay on the couch with Dave and watch TV are high. But the fact remains that I could go if I wanted to.

8. I am thankful that Dave said he's going to buy me a new "nose pretty" as Tot calls my nose piercing. The one I have now tends to dangle, making it look like I have a giant silver booger. Classy. We're going to a wedding on Saturday, and Dave thought I should deck myself out with some new nose finery.

9. I am thankful for my home. It's not the biggest, and it's not the newest, and it's certainly not the fanciest. But it's cozy, it's comfortable, and every time I walk in the door, I smile. It doesn't get much better than that.

10. I am thankful that God gave me the two cutest kids in the world. Yes, even cuter than yours (I kid, I kid ....ish). They may be a handful and I may be losing my hair, but nothing beats Tot calling to me at night saying "Mommy, I just need to snuggle to you. Just a little longer."

1 comment:

amber said...

Hey Girl!

I am sooo glad you have had a great week so far! I love hearing other people's contentment stories! Nothing beats being content with your life/situation/etc. And all I have to say is Dave is the man!

amber