Monday, March 24, 2008

E!True Hollywood Story: The Mullet Family.

Yes. I'm afraid it's so. My whole family has all had the unfortunate luck as to sport the hair"style" that is quite possibly the most awful look in the entire known hair world: The Mullet. Whether by accident or on purpose, we have all suffered the same fate.

Here is our story.


My David cut his mullet on purpose as a Halloween costume. Way, way, too realistic for my tastes.



And of course, what would be more redneck perfect than to subject your son to the same fate on the same day so that he and his daddy could have matching mullets?


And poor Tot. We certainly didn't mean to give her a mullet. We simply asked for her bangs to be cut and a few too many snips later... the Mullet revealed itself as a force to be reckoned with.
And look at her. She knows.



But perhaps the most tragic of these stories is my very own. I am... the survivor of a Shmullet. A She-Mullet if you will. In the fifth grade I thought it would be a fantastic idea to get a perm. Sadly, my hair was just growing back from a boyish short cut that made perming it a truly terrible idea. For some reason, my Mom decided this was the perfect time to start letting me take control of my hair decisions and well... you see the result. A rather unfortunate Doogie Howser 'do that now lives in infamy.


So there you have it. Our True Life Bad Haircut story. Please tell me yours so that I'm not alone in my grief.

4 comments:

Cash Girlz said...

I heard that you and dave are going to be cousalers at camp this year (well that's what adam and tangie said) so I have to ask you if you are going to bring tot and little d with you cause' Reagen and Zada are coming.

Becky said...

oh girl, if i can find the picture, i have you beat BIG TIME!!

Sarah said...

Business in the front, party in the back.

Donielle said...

You are so not alone in the "bad haircut camp". My mother was the beginning of my own. SHe told me how great it would look. I will never, ever, ever, EVER, post my picture but just close your eyes and envision this: super curly, super long hair... cut way, way to short. All at one length. So when it dried it was like a big triangle on the top of my head starting from my jawline up. Almost a white girl afro! Couldn't even put it in a ponytail! Add to that the braces and way to big for my face glasses...you got it. I was NOT looking super fly! I will never let my mom forget.