Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Tuesday Favorites: Bargain Shopping Edition

Okay, Friends. Here is the secret to my success. I look all over the internet for other blogs and websites that coupon and deal shop better than I do. I pool together all their ideas and pick the deals that fit my list and family best. It's not that hard if you don't mind putting in the extra time. I really think hunting for deals is fun, so this is kindof a hobby for me :) Here are the websites I frequent the most and do most of my shopping from. Use them as much or as little as you'd like, oh, and be sure to tell me if you know any ones I don't!

On to the show.

1. www.couponmom.com - This website will let you pick your state, and your grocery store chain, and then will tell you the best deals you can expect that week. It factors in weekly sales as well as coupons. Personally, I use this as a front runner in my search. It's a great place to start off and to see what you can expect. The list is pretty good, however, some of the more complex deals it misses. She has lists for Target, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, and crazy many more.

2. www.afullcup.com - This is a coupon forum where anyone can post about the deals they've found and how they got them. If you are starting to get a little more involved in your couponing, this is a good place to get your feet wet. Also, this is a great place to look for individual deals, not necessarily to base your grocery shopping on.

3. www.hotcouponworld.com - For the serious couponers, here is your place. The lingo is a little harder to understand (dang internet acronyms!), but once you have your foot it, the deals are insane. Here is where you hear the stories of women getting $120 of stuff for $5 or some kind of ridiculousness. These gals are hardcore.

4. www.moneysavingmom.com - Ah, my newest favorite site. This is one of the easiest to use money saving blogs I've visited. She spells out each sale for you and each transaction with each coupon you need to get the best deal. There are a lot of people that participate via comments, so be sure to check those out as well. But seriously, this place rocks.

5. www.thegrocerygame.com - And to the big one, The Grocery Game. This is without question, the best site to use for your regular grocery shopping. End of story. There are no store wide deals that are not listed and you are pretty much guaranteed to not miss a sale item. You log into the website on Sundays and you click on the store you shop at and the deal list for that week pops up. But (and this is a big but) you have to pay for it. The first store list you choose is $10/8 weeks of use. Since you will definitely save at least that much by using the list, it's a pretty great deal. Each additional store list you want to look at is a little extra (I can't remember how much). One great thing is that you can do a four week trial for $1. It's a great way to see if you like the system and if it will be of any use for you. At the moment, I don't use The Grocery Game (mostly because I just don't want to pay for it), but I know lots of people who do and swear by it.



Anyways, so there is what I do. Comment away and tell me what you do to cut down on your grocery bill or, even better, what are those items that you splurge on regardless of whether or not they are on sale (DIET DR. PEPPER!!).

6 comments:

Becky said...

thanks for posting this UK. can you tell me why when i type in the moneysavingmommy.com site it takes me to moneymakingmommy.com? am i missing something?

Unsinkable Kristen said...

My bad. It was supposed to be Money Saving Mom. I'll just go fix that...

Becky said...

ahhh...thankya

MGD Cyndi said...

Hi Unsinkable!

Saw your post and just thought you should liek to know about our site www.MyGroceryDeals.com. We are a free site that lists all food deals for every ZIP in the U.S. including Alaska and Hawaii. You can compare deals between all your local stores, make a list of the best ones, add coupons from our site and take the list to shop at your local stores.

Hope you can visit us too!

Happy deal hunting.

Bargain Shopper said...

Awesome post! Thanks for the great ideas. I'm like you--I love bargain shopping (a.k.a. treasure hunting), and love to hear how others get their deals. Thanks for sharing!! Be sure to check out http://www.bargainshoppingparadise.com.

Deals Hunt said...

Great post!! Thanks for the great ideas, i suggest http://www.dealshunt.com to save your money.