Monday, April 21, 2008

CVS Suprise (or Shama Lama Ding Dong, I Got A Great Deal)

Hey friends. I was going to try to wait and post this for my Frugal Friday, but some of these deals you can do yourself and I wanted to let you get in on it as soon as you could. To the left is a picture of all the stuff that I got. Guess how much I spent?? $4.89.

Here's the scoop:

CVS is running some great deals this week and if you combine them right, you can get a lot of very useful stuff (shampoo, makeup, allergy medicine for your crazy allergic husband) for very little. Oh, and if you weren't aware, ECB's are "Extra Care Bucks". They are slips of paper you can "earn" from CVS for buying certain things and you can use them towards buying anything in their store. For a great tutorial, go here.

Here are the deals I took advantage of:

*Buy Two Maybelline Moist Extreme Lip on sale $2 for $9.99, Get $6 ECBs (Limit 5) (all this week)
*Buy 1 Alavert on sale for $6.99, Get $4 ECBs (Limit 5)
*Buy 1, Get 1 Free Herbal Essences products (prices starting at $3.99)
*Buy 3 Essence of Beauty Products, Get $5 ECBs (Limit 5) (all this month)

Here is what I did:

1st Trip (I went back when I realized I could do it twice :) ):

Items:
2 Maybelline Lipsticks - $9.99
1 Alavert Allergy - $6.99
1 Alavert Allergy - $6.99
1 Essence of Beauty Nail Brush - $1.99
1 InStyle Magazine - $3.99 (This was really just a filler item so that I could use a coupon I needed. Also, I like the magazine :) )
2 Herbal Essences Shampoo/Conditioner - $3.99

Coupons/ECB:
1 Maybelline $2/1 Lipstick coupon
1 Herbal Essences $3.00/2 coupon
2 Alavert $4/1 coupon
2 CVS $5/$25 purchase (you can get these from using your CVS card, or by signing up on their website, it's pretty random)
$10.00 in ECB (extra care bucks I got from a diaper deal a few weeks back)


Total Before CVS Sales/Coupons/ECB: $49.92

Total After CVS Sales/Coupons/ECB:
$.94

Total ECB Recieved: $14.00 ($6 from buying two Maybellines, $8 from buying 2 Alaverts)

*****

2nd Trip:

Items
:
2 Maybelline Lipsticks - $9.99
1 Alavert Allergy - $6.99
1 Alavert Allergy - $6.99
2 Herbal Essences Shampoo/Conditioner - $3.99
1 Essence of Beauty Face Sponge - $1.99
1 Essence of Beauty Back Massager - $1.99

Coupons/ECB:

1 Herbal Essences $2/1 coupon
2 Alavert $4/1 coupons
2 CVS $5/ $25 purchase (I got these two from the previous transaction, they printed with the receipt and ECB's)
$8 in ECB (I used the ECB's I got from the Alavert in the previous transaction)

Total Before CVS Sales/Coupons/ECB: $47.92

Total After CVS Sales/Coupons/ECB: $3.95

Total ECB's Recieved: $19.00 ($6 from buying two Maybelline's, $8 from buying two Alaverts, and $5 from buying 3 Essence of Beauty products)

****
Total Value Of Items Purchased: $97.85
Total Spent Out Of Pocket:
$4.89
Total ECB's Earned To Use For Next Time:
$25.00



Not too shabby! Many thanks to www.moneysavingmom.com for the coupon link and for alerting me to the deals! Remember, you don't have to do all of this and you can pick and choose what deals you do. The key is to remember to buy deals that give you ECB's and to use those ECB's to buy things that will give you ECB's and so on and so forth. Okay, so let me know if you have any questions and I will point you to those that have better answers than I. Happy CVSing!


6 comments:

Leigh said...

Ya Did good! Way to go! (I hope to go get some allergy meds tomorrow for my hubby!).

Jennifer said...

I still don't think I'm smart enough to do all of this! I'm hoping you'll be able to prove me wrong on Wednesday! :) You're amazing.

Deal Mama Belle said...

That is so great! Looks like you got some killer deals!!

Calamity Jean said...

I just wrote a post on ECB's. They confuse me...I need your help. BTW I can't remember if I have told you or not but I LOVE your new hair!!

Nicole McIntyre said...

So I learned a new fun tip today at Kroger, via their intercom muzak/announcements. If you go to Kroger.com, you can register with P&G and following their directions put coupons directly on your card. You can also get other coupon options at their website. It's all free! Since I don't always get a sunday paper, being able to get my coupons this way is super helpful. I've yet to fully explore the Kroger website, so there maybe some fun stuff I'm missing.

LeeAnn said...

You are totally inspiring me! I worked on figuring out the EBC thing and got $100 worth of stuff for $20 today. (I'm just glad I'm not the only one who is so excited about it that I have to blog about it!) I wonder how long before the CVS people realize what we're all doing...