Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I'm Sorry, I Can't Hear You Over The Sound Of How Awesome I Am

First of all, I did cut my hair and I'll get you a picture of my hair as soon as I figure out how to style it. It didn't turn out exactly like the picture and while it doesn't look bad, it just looks like I have no idea what to do with it. I am, however, crazy pleased with how quick I can dry my hair. Seriously under two minutes. Also, many thanks on your hairpinions. I will be going back to get some cute, chunky highlights and hopefully, finishing the "look". :)

But, that's not what I came here to post. I needed to let you all know that today, today, is the day to get your couponing on. If you have never couponed before, get thee to a Kroger. Starting today (at least here in Texas, and I know the sale is going on elsewhere, just check) there is a deal where you buy 10 specially marked products and you get $5 off your purchase. You can do this up to three times at once. This is a great deal in and of itself because it means a LOT of things are on sale and a there is a huge list of things that are under $2.00. However, if you have coupons, you are in for an even crazier treat. Most Krogers double and/or triple coupons up to a certain amount, which makes a large variety of things free. Here is what I did:


I got all of this for a little over $20.00.

But that's not the best part. See, I had four groupings of ten and since I had to separate those into two transactions, I had one transaction that had more expensive things in it. Which left me with this jewel:


Items:

2 Goldfish Crackers
2 Cake Mixes (.55/2 coupon)
2 Cookie Mixes (2 - .35/1 coupon, tripled)
4 Spicy Mustards (Dave's favorite) (4 - .50/1 coupon, doubled)
4 travel containers Excedrin (2 - 2.00/1 coupon)
3 pints Ice Cream
2 cans Crescent Rolls (2 - 25/1 coupon, tripled)
8 cans Biscuits (4 - .50/2 coupon, doubled)
3 cans Cinnamon Rolls (3 - .35/1 coupon, tripled)

Grand Total: $5.15

Mwah ha ha. I love good deals.

3 comments:

Christie said...

Yay! Good for you! :) I think I have a new addiction this week... Kroger... :)

Tiffany said...

You are such a beast!

Jennifer said...

I just don't think I'm smart enough to do this! I didn't understand what you were saying about the groupings or the triple coupons or ANYthing!! But I'd love to learn from a master!