Saturday, April 12, 2008

Smart Habit Saturday

So, I'm going to be joining The Lazy Organizer in her quest to make good habits. Each month, I'll pick a habit that I'm going to work on, and each Saturday (um..ish) I'll let you know how I'm doing. Since April is underway, I decided to pick a habit that I really need to work on so that I would feel a little more pressure (a la, showing you all Tot's messy room). So, of course, I've picked Laundry. Dum Dum Duuuummmmmmmm.

You all know my hate/hate relationship with Laundry. I wait and wait, put it off until the very last pair of underwear, and then I do it all in a frenzied rush until the next time we run out of "necessaries" and I am late for church. So, as of today, I am resolved no longer to linger, charmed by the world's delight. Things that are higher, things that are nobler, these have allured my sight. I WILL HASTEN TO HIM, HASTEN SO GLAD AAAANNND FREEEEE. JESUS, GREATEST, HIGHEST I WILLLLL COME TO THEEEEEE!

Er. Sorry. Got a little carried away. Love that song.

Anyways, so the plan, Stan, is to do a load of laundry a day. I know, I know. I've promised this before. But this time, I'm putting myself out there and making a "thing" out of it. Because we all know I can do nothing without ceremony. I'm not going to make a huge schedule or anything, I'm just going to look and see who has too much in their basket and do that one. Ground breaking, I know.

So there you have it. My Smart Habit this Saturday is doing a load of laundry a day. Wish me luck people, and feel free to hop on over to Lara's site, The Lazy Organizer, and join in the fun!

5 comments:

Lyndsay said...

A load a day works once you get into the habit of it. One thing I do is have each of my kids bring out their laundry in the morning as one of their chores. That way the laundry is right there ready to be put into the washer. I actually have to do two loads to keep up but I've been doing it for sometime now and I love not having huge piles of laundry to wash and fold. Good luck. You can do it.

Nicole McIntyre said...

Right I do a load or two everyday of the week, but take the weekend off to enjoy family time. I've been doing it about a month and really like it. The worst thing for me is putting the laundry away and I love that it only takes a few minutes each day. I would rather do that than hours at one time.

Jennifer said...

I'm impressed with the thought of a load a day. I do mine on Wednesdays and Saturdays, that way I'm not ALWAYS doing laundry. And I totally agree with Nicole. The absolute worst part is actually hanging it up and putting it away. Yuck.

Tiffany said...

1) Love the new banner.
2) You're a beast with your cleaning.
3) Way to tackle the Laundry Monster! I can't wait to hear how that goes. My onl fear is that instead of hating just one day or the week, you are going to hate a little bit of each day. Then again, we all knwo my philosophy on cleaning...which is just to not do it. So I may not be the best one to listen to...

(Okay - so my verification work is LPosh. That's either fun or sounds like a trashy British rocker. I can't really decide...)

The Lazy Organizer said...

Good for you! I love my new one load a day habit. It actually feels like I never do laundry anymore because it is so easy. Welcome to SHS!