Thursday, April 10, 2008

Spring Cleaning: Little David's Room

Whew! An early finish - strong! Well, technically, I had cleaned out Little David's room pretty well when we moved him to the big boy bed, but still. It's nice and clean now and smells fresh and his closet doesn't have all that old baby stuff anymore (sob!). Since we had some big furniture in there to begin with, I hadn't done much decorating. But with the big stuff gone his room looks a little....bare. So, I'm going to be brainstorming the next few days to try to decide what I want to do with it. Look for a redecorating post in the next year or two.


Before:
See? Total bare bones. And that mattress? It was Tot's crib mattress and was being stored in there and soon became a way to block light coming in through the blinds. Classy.


Oh the shame.


After:
Ah. See the light shining? There is a breeze, too, but you can't see it.





I finally took the crib quilt off the wall and let him use it as an actual blanket. I figure he's old enough to have piles of blankets and stuffed animals in his bed, it's probably safe to use the crib quilt. And you can't see it because my little pale child is standing in front, but I turned over a wicker basket that I haven't been able to find a use for and made it into a little bedside table for him. It has his night time book, his pacifier and his sippy cup on it. Brilliant!

Tune in tomorrow for the hole that is Tot's room.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm totally impressed with all of the cleaning. I'm anticipating getting up the gumption to roll up my sleeves and do the same.

Are you free on a Wed. or Fri. in the next few weeks for an hour or two? I want to SERIOUSLY pick your brain and understand about the whole couponing thing. I'm ready to get down and dirty with it and save some serious cash.
I have a new cell number, so if you don't mind, email me instead at jenbell37@yahoo.com and let me know if anything would work for you!

Jen S said...

Great job on the cleaning! Wanna come and do my kids' rooms?