Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Spring Cleaning: Living Room

Well, Happy Tuesday Readers! Seeing as it's the first full week of April, what better way to start the month than with Spring Cleaning?? I'm joining some friends at Titus 2 Christian HomeKeepers, and you are welcome to come along. Yesterday was the Master Bedroom, but since I was out of town, I didn't so much do that. Today and tomorrow are the Living Room. I did the Living Room today and plan to finish up the Master Bedroom tomorrow. But cleaning isn't the only thing on the schedule. The point of this Spring Cleaning is to clean not only the inside of your home, but the inside of yourself as well. For me, that means waking up earlier than the kids and having a little quiet time before starting the day. I've wanted to do that forever, but being a lover of all things sleep, I haven't quite managed. However, I'm feeling good and I want to try this. Maybe not as a lifelong change, but certainly something I can do for the next two weeks.

So, today I told the kids that since Winter was over and we would be playing outside more, that we needed to get the house clean from all that Winter playing we did. Tot was quite excited to be a Big Helper, and Little David was just along for the ride. Here is what the Living Room looked like before:


Not bad, but certainly not very clean. So, I loaded the kids up with wet wipes and myself with some all natural cleaner and paper towels (and some super awesome Pledge multi surface wipes that I got as a free sample in the mail) and we started cleaning away. The kids helped pick up all the toys and then put them in the appropriate room, then while I cleaned off all the knick knacks and frames and such, they wiped down the coffee table...

and they wiped down the red bench that has no purpose and is no longer in the Living Room...


and then they helped me clean the windows, the entertainment center, and the walls. I vacuumed the couch cushions and went over the floor many, many times in hopes of just vacuuming up all those old stains (didn't work) and finally, we were done.


Not too shabby! I have to say that I feel much better having one room in the house that is totally clean and sparkling. Tonight and tomorrow I'll be working on the Master Bedroom and well, we'll just say it'll be a doozy! Do join me and give me a little company!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl, your living room looks so nice!! Great job!!! You had awesome help too!! Yay!
Love,
Linda
Faith6