Thursday, April 03, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I know!! It's been forever since I've done Thankful Thursday and I'm completely embarrassed. With Dave home I completely forget to blog until I'm too tired to write anything good and so my weekly staples (Thankful Thursday and Tuesday Favorites) have gone by the wayside. I promise I'll try to be better :)

Anyways, here we go:

1. I am thankful that last night Tot slept 12 hours straight and Little David slept 14. I know!!! Little David was sick and needed the sleep, but Tot had been a major pain in the patootie yesterday and I think maybe she was just still getting over her sickiness. Regardless, they are both in MUCH better moods today and I am grateful.

2. I am thankful that I've had Dave home with me for almost an entire month now. I don't think I can express how much I've enjoyed having my best pal around all the time. I'm going to go through some serious withdrawal when he goes back to work.

3. I am thankful for the library having kids movies. Sigh. Really, really, thankful.

4. I am thankful that tomorrow I leave to go see my Dad and brother in Charleston and that I'll get to see all of the Grile family as well.

5. I am thankful for my new short and easy to do hair cut :)

6. I am thankful that the sickiness has passed through all four of us now and we should be finished with the fevers and coughing. Ick.

7. I am thankful for my awesome friend, Tiffany, who sent me chocolate when she knew I was having a bad day (and Lindor chocolate!!!) and I am thankful for my other awesome friend, Diana, who brought me back real live "Emergency Chocolate" from her trip to Boston. Seriously, the package looks like a first aid box and says Emergency Chocolate. Do my friends know me, or what?! I hope everyone has as good of friends as this.

8. I am thankful that God provided me with a way to cut the grocery spending and have fun while we have a tighter budget. It's been a huge blessing.

9. I am thankful that Dave is so good looking. I mean, I know I say this a lot, but seriously. Dude.

10. I am thankful for my family. I don't think I expected to enjoy this time with Dave home as much as I have. I think I expected more stress and more uncertainty. Instead, I've gotten countless family breakfasts, children that have started to sleep in, a husband who's stress levels are at an all time low, pleasant errands, loose schedules, and lots and lots of quality (and quantity) time. For that, I am very, very thankful.

2 comments:

Amy Lu said...

Seriously...that Tiffany friend....so completely awesome. I got a huge...HUGE..Dove egg!

We need to keep her around.

Tiffany said...

So...I don't get voted off this island this round? Sweeeet.