Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for...

1. A great (early) grocery shopping trip, where I saved 54% and now I get to try out some new automatic air fresheners and some yummy looking granola bars.

2. My newly clean(er) and organized car. I might make a full post about this later, suffice to say Dave came up with some great ideas and now my tiny little Rav-4 is much more functional for our needs.

3. My awesome little Tot who is currently sitting in a laundry basket in her room reading books during naptime. The gloriousness that is not having to fight her on this is unparalleled.

4. My pink roses that I got at Kroger to sparkle up our kitchen table. Friends, don't wait for a guy to send you flowers! Get some at the grocery store yourself. They make you feel so nice. Also, some stores have a markdown bin for flowers that have already bloomed to peak, BUY THESE. I just bought a dozen roses for $3.99. They are totally worth it and will last all week, until my next shopping trip.

5. My mom, who is awesome.

6. My socks and lotion, which are slowly and surely healing my troll foot. Explanatory post to follow.

7. My engagement ring, which I've only started to wear again recently. For awhile I was too big for it, then it scratched the kids all the time. Now, it's perfect again. And I forgot how sparkly it is!!

8. Tonights awesome TV lineup. I mean, seriously, Scrubs, The Office (!!), 30 Rock, Lost AND Grey's Anatomy???? Is it any wonder I'm geeked?

9. Quiet. It's quiet in my house, during the day, for the first time in a few days. Sigh.

10. My church. My friend, Diana, and I were talking last night about what our lives would look like if we didn't have a church home. I honestly don't know who my friends would be and what my family would do all the time. Our church is so much a part of us that I think we would be so very lonely without them. God definitely tells us not to give up meeting together for a reason. Our lives are so full and blessed because of our church family.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Sounds like you have lots to be thankful for! Glad you're having a good week! And, yeah for saving 54% on groceries! Isn't it a thrill!?!