Sunday, June 01, 2008

Smart Habit Saturday...Er...Sunday.

Man, I am all over the place this week! Tuesday Favorites on Thursday, No Thankful Thursday at all, Smart Habit Saturday on Sunday, mass hysteria, dogs and cats living together. Whew!

To be fair, Dave was on a business trip for most of the time (not something I wanted to announce to the internets, even though I am sure 99% of you are perfectly sane people who have no plans to stalk me, it's that other percent of you I'm keeping my eye on :) ) and I was visiting my Mom and Tim a little south of here. Anyways, all that to say that I was sorely neglectful of you, my reader friends, and not to worry, I won't let you down again anytime soon. Bur for real, that post on aprons was worth the wait, eh?

So, today is Sunday and I just realized that it's June now. And what does that mean? A NEW habit!! I'm still doing um, okay, on the whole load of laundry a day thing. I actually did pretty great this week. And we're doing our Family Bible Time more days than not, now, so I'm glad these habits are sticking. Therefore, I need to choose something else to work on. I think that the month of June's new habit will be.........drum roll please.....

Tot's "School" Time! (cheer cheer cheer!)

Since the Tot is now getting a little older, she is a lot more interested in all things learning. One of her favorite games to play is "Pretend School". We have this little plastic briefcase thing that we keep all her coloring books and things in and she loves to pull it out and call me "Teacher Mommy" and pretend that she's in school. I was thinking on this last month and thought that I should really harness that joy and pound it into submission while teaching her useful skills. No, no, just kidding. What I really thought about was how many times she wanted to play school and I put her off so that I could do laundry or something or other. So, this month, I will be making time each day to sit with her and play school. I have a little pre-school workbook that we'll be working our way through and hopefully she'll retain some of her joy while learning all her letters and sounds and things.

I have to tell you, the temptation to go buy her a tiny little desk is huge (huge!).

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Sonya has a couple of preschool books and loves them. I like the desk idea...I think you should do it :)

Sarah said...

Love the random Ghostbusters reference!

Unsinkable Kristen said...

I knew I liked you, Sarah.

Amy Lu said...

This is also a great age to start learning to write her letters. Please include lower case in this! LM is still writing her name in upper case. We've been working on lower case for a while now!

Neina said...

Kristen, I have a little desk out in the garage you can borrow for a while. It probably needs a little cleaning up, but you could see if she likes it before you get her her own.

Tiffany said...

I'm a little late on this, but I have to echo Sarah with her salute to your quote. And by updating now, you have saved the wondering minds of millions of readers. Millions of registered blog readers...